Sign in to follow this  
BLKMMB

Morphine spawn rate?

I have a broken leg and I'm lost in the middle of the wood near the bor(?) castle. I was wondering if what the wiki says is up-to-date. It says that morphine can spawn anywhere but farms and since the castle has a lot of lot I was wondering if it is worth a shot or I should crawl to cherno and risk it all to get to a hospital?

I have a broken leg and I'm lost in the middle of the wood near the bor(?) castle. I was wondering if what the wiki says is up-to-date. It says that morphine can spawn anywhere but farms and since the castle has a lot of lot I was wondering if it is worth a shot or I should crawl to cherno and risk it all to get to a hospital?

Risk it, go to cherno.

I was in a similar situation, and could not find morphine for the life of me. I magically found a tent, killed myself, ran to the tent, and retrieved my stuff.

Unless you get lucky, your chances of finding a morphine, though possible, are extremely rare outside of a hospital. Make a friends somewhere, and have him run out to you.

I recommend avoiding cherno and electro at all times (unless you really have a deathwish or are looking to kill others). I crawled 2 miles to a hospital then later the first deer stand I climb I find some damn morphine in it as if dayZ is mocking me in some way or maybe they just have a higher spawn rates with exception of the hospitals. And deer stands are everywhere!

http://dayzmap.info/

Today I am regrouping with my friend, so I'll make him go to some deer stand since it will be less dangerous and if he can't find any we will risk going inside cherno. We have some good gear and the only thing missing is morphine.

Found three clumped on a deerstand the other day.

Also I am finding them on a regular basis there.

It is just the subjective feel.

If you have a broken leg and need morphine urgently,it is most likely that you won't find any. The spawnrate feels quite fine. We still should have some reason to risk visiting high-risk places besides reason number 1:

Find "awesome_weapon_1 + NVG's"

You should be forced to visit certain places according to the top priority of a survival list:

1#Food: supermarkets for high chances

2#Medicine: The Hospitals

A simple way to fix all of this, and save you a LOT of time (Crawling that far would take you ages). First, press esc, then press respawn. Then make a new character. You'll probably get all the loot you had on you back, plus more if you spawned in a town like cherno in a quicker time than crawling to cherno.

Or... You could check the castle, but there is an amazingly large chance morphine will not spawn.

First' date=' press esc, then press respawn. Then make a new character. You'll probably get all the loot you had on you back

[/quote']

That is a good idea but I am rp'ing in this game so it wouldn't be legit.

Morphine can spawn any where military loot can spawn, but military loot only has a .8% chance to spawn in residential areas and then on top of that it has another 1% chance to spawn in that pile.

Industrial areas have Military loot 3.92%

Morphine Auto-Injector on that pile 0.99%

reference - http://dayzdb.com/map