Toast123

Please help! Cant play the game!

Yeah i just tried that experimental does the same thing this really has me confused

Tried the registry clean with Ccleaner same issue Dayz.exe32* is running in task manager but nothing shows up for the game :\

So you do not at least have a button on the taskbar?

This happened to me with the mod....... About 1 week before my hard drive failed

Some of my games showed just a blank screen or got stuck on preparing to launch

Just saying :(

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

its not my hard drive because ive tried running it on different ones

Are you running out of ram?  4gigs on a 64bit operating system is very low

Edited by Caboose187

Toast123 - please tell us what Video Card you have ?

I have had this same problem but I have an Nvidia Graphics card.

My fix was to remove all video drivers from my PC and install drivers that are over 10 months old. If the old drivers work then you may have figured out that new drivers are not always the best to use.

Everyone's PC is different and new drivers may not be good for some whereas a new driver may fix an issue for others.

Please do try backdating your drivers and see if it solves the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my wife also had the same issue with new drivers while playing a different game entirely and rolling back to older drivers from the archives on the Nvidia website fixed her problem too.

Edited by JohnDMarshall

That didnt work  :| im probbaly just gonna accept that its alpha and wait i guess i dont really know what else there is to do

That didnt work  :| im probbaly just gonna accept that its alpha and wait i guess i dont really know what else there is to do

Do you have any other programs running in the background as you said you only have 4gigs of ram but are on a 64bit windows.  Other processes might be taking up the rest of the ram and not be allowing DayZ to start.  My suggestion is to get a little more ram and also tell us what video card you are using?