Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

DayZ Standalone (Players at a distance look like 2 pixels)

I was playing the mod and i noticed the graphics are about the same yet people stand out, there like 12 pixels in detail at 400m. But on standalone there like 2 pixels in detail even at the same distance at 400m?

Any one notice this?

(Medium to high setting at 1920x1080 with AA of or ON dose nothing)

Any tips to making players easier to spot on SA?

Edited by exomonkeyman

Something that commonly is overlooked in scenarios like these:  Field Of View (FOV).

I would have to assume that your FOV in the ArmA II DayZ modification is different than standalone.

I immediately double-tab my "-" on my keypad to get the largest FOV possible.  Obviously this provides the greatest angular view, but leaves out a ton of detail in the center of my screen if I were to just leave it at the default FOV.  Further yet, you can double-tap '+' on your keypad and zoom to the smallest FOV.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set a specific FOV value instead of the 3 aforementioned?

Something that commonly is overlooked in scenarios like these:  Field Of View (FOV).

I would have to assume that your FOV in the ArmA II DayZ modification is different than standalone.

I immediately double-tab my "-" on my keypad to get the largest FOV possible.  Obviously this provides the greatest angular view, but leaves out a ton of detail in the center of my screen if I were to just leave it at the default FOV.  Further yet, you can double-tap '+' on your keypad and zoom to the smallest FOV.

I'm wondering if there is a way to set a specific FOV value instead of the 3 aforementioned?

There is a slider in SA.