Sign in to follow this  
left4dead (DayZ)

PC Freezes then requires hard shutdown

So I've been playing DayZ SA for about 2 months now, and for the last week or so, my PC freezes when i'm in game and requires a hard shutdown. Now, when I say freeze, I mean the screen becomes stuck on whatever was there last, and my M+KB become unresponsive, if I leave it running long enough my screen eventually turns black. I'm not getting any graphical glitches, and there is no sound. Sometimes it freezes a couple of minutes in game, or an hour after joining a server.

The issue isn't related to drivers or over heating, bad RAM, or a virus. I guess it could be the PSU or my SSD but until the last week or so I haven't had any issues.

I pretty much wanted to know if anyone else had experienced a similar issue.

Any thoughts?

specs edit:

cpu - AMD FX-8350 

gpu - AMD Radeon HD 7870

16 GB of RAM

Edited by left4dead

You say it is not related to Drivers and in my experience and others you may find that it is.

I ran into a similar situation where my computer would freeze up or black screen or just randomly shut down and it was all because of the video drivers.

This problem sounds very similar to many other descriptions I found here, with sudden disconnects and freezing game. All the problems started with 42 patch and where not fully recovered with 43. I seriously think that all the descriptions are related to the latest changes done. I updated already all my drivers, reinstalled etc. Everything works as expected, except Dayz.... :(

• Like 1