blunce

"Be Quiet" Gesture Animation

Hi all,

I've always found the need for a "be quiet" gesture along with the other gesture animations on the function keys.

There's been multiple occasions when I'm trying to be stealthy, & a player discovers me & wants to make small talk. I don't want to shoot them. Mainly because it would give away my position, but other reasons would be that they don't pose a threat, I don't prefer the KoS mentality, & it's simply just not necessary (if they were a threat they would've just shot me instead of trying to engage in conversation).

So, this brings me to my idea of creating a "be quiet" or a "shhh!" animation. A simple raise of your index finger & placing it over your lips.

Seems to me that it would be easy enough to implement, & would be used very frequently by players that need to communicate without making a sound (given that they're not using a 3rd party comms system). But again, this is in the scenario that you stumble across a stanger that is so very eager to just blow up both of your positions by using direct chat.

I'd just like to hear some opinions from the community

• Like 9

I think it was inbound, I swear I remember reading something on Reddit saying they were working on it.

I never really saw the use in gestures, at least in the opening stages of player interaction. I'd much rather have my weapon out than be pressing my finger to my lips to gesture to be quiet. If only because of the clumsy transitions inherent in RV (and all video games for that matter).

Where it makes sense, is with folks in your group. But even then, like you say, these people probably communicate via TS.

Which further exemplifies how third-party comms programs are a detriment. This is a mechanic which would be wholly useful and rewarding if third-party comms programs were a non-issue. Same with whispering. Same with walkie talkies. Same with in-game radio stations. Same with vehicles. Same with squad coordination.

All decent in-game mechanics rendered irrelevant/useless or made exponentially easier by the use of third-party comms programs.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

I think this would be a great idea. :D

I'd much rather have my weapon out than be pressing my finger to my lips to gesture to be quiet

I believe you can still make some gestures as of right now while still keeping your gun out, no? Such as waving or flipping the bird?

• Like 1

I believe you can still make some gestures as of right now while still keeping your gun out, no? Such as waving or flipping the bird?

Well your weapon is still out, sure, but it's not ready to fire. Which would be the case regardless, just by doing something other than aiming your weapon.

But point taken, it's actually pretty snappy now that I think about it. I just have become so jaded that I don't even interact with folks to begin with. And play with a controller, so it's sort of cumbersome for me to fiddle with the gestures on the F1-12 bit of my keyboard.

Well your weapon is still out, sure, but it's not ready to fire. Which would be the case regardless, just by doing something other than aiming your weapon.

I can definitely see your point Katana, especially in the games current & clunky state. I use K&M so accessability to the keys hasn't really been an issue for me.

& in all fairness, SWAT teams & special forces take their finger off the trigger to utilize body language for communications :D

• Like 1

We need this, as well as perhaps the ability to hug someone, but that maybe can cause more problems....
implements a grapple system, like third edition Dungeons and Dragons, plox. 
I want to give someone a hug when I shoot them.

• Like 1

Well,

all I can say, we have this animation ready for a while. ;)

Hopefuly it gets in game soon, so you can enjoy it along with other gestures :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Can't wait for this, we've had so many situations where we run into another player and let them join us, and have to tell them over direct to be quiet when we see somebody else, alerting the other person and usually ending with one or more person dead.

I approve of two things:

The SHHHHH! animation

And

DrPhil's suggestion: grapple!

I want to hide in a bush on the side of the road and wait for somebody to jog along... BAM! Terry Tate - Office linebacker style bull rush and drive that person to the ground

While we're at it... A forced "SHHH" that prevents players from using chat on a successful pin - covering somebody's mouth to prevent them from yelling: "there's somebody here!" Or even "HELP!"

I'm going out a bit different than what's suggested already.....

Dry Hump emote

Also high five

I think a quiet emote, i think thats a good idea, that way u dont have to say quiet over the mic and be heard