Sign in to follow this  
IveDefected

Playing My Character On A Friends Computer?

So we're having a little lan party and I'm trying to play DayZ on my friends computer. We both own our own copies of Arma and DayZ characters. We usually play from the launcher. Would logging on to my steam account and launching from steam allow me to play my character on his computer? Is this possible?

I believe it should work. The characters are saved for each CDKEY so idk there could be a issue if it's the same computer though I think Steam changes the CDKEY if your using YOUR account.

We tried using my separate steam and game (and his) and it seems characters are tied to the actual computer. Regardless of which person is running which copy we can only ever use his character on his computer. This would lead me to believe that the keys are tied to the computer's registry. I guess it's just poor design with Arma. I don't think I want to edit his registry.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12556

Have a read of that. It does involve editing the registry' date=' but should be completely reversible.

[/quote']

Thanks for the response basically detailing what I already guessed was required. Really the link was a good help though. I didn't find that in my search.

Speaking of which thanks for suggesting I use a forum search feature which totally works flawlessly. And thanks for suggesting it in such a presumptively douschy way. It's almost like you half helped.