Sign in to follow this  
jdizzy

on the subject of immunity and infection

Instead of writing off everyone as immune, how about we create a more compelling experience by having a 50-50 chance of your character being immune to the virus? It's a random statistic and you don't know or not until you get bit. Then you have to check for symptoms, could just be typhoid from that walking rot-bag or the actual virus. This brings in a new standard of trying to actually avoid the zombies. If your character isn't immune, you're in trouble. There's no cure. Eventually, your character turns into an undead loot-bag. Personally it sounds lazy when we just go "Everyone's immune!" and leave it at that. But you could slow the disease by giving the blood of an immune player to a non-resistant player. This could buy the infected person some time. Plus, it would make everyone worry if they're going to turn or not if they get hit or bit.

Edited by jdizzy
  • Like 1

I think DayZ should drop the whole "immune to the virus" idea. Just leave it open why you have not succumbed. ...I personally woudn't mind a chance of catching a nasty zed-flue. That would make zombies scary in wholly new fashion.

Jdizzy, I think you should read your location again and concentrate on one word "YOUR".

There shouldn't be any "set" scenario. It is what ever YOU want it to be.