elitachi

A question and could people please xplain something.

Hi guys

Have not played for a while, so just wondering, are there any storage options in the game yet, such as tents etc?

Could someone also please explain to me why the hell can you server hop? Just seems to be a complete waste of time, why is the feature there and what purpose is it trying to accomplish?

Thanks

no storage options atm.

there is no loot respawn atm, so i think this is why most people server hop.

i server hop sometimes if the server is looted to much, dont want to waste my time to find a canned spaggetti in an hour.

Edited by newguyzombie

No tents the only thing you can use for extra storage are the yellow water prood boxes and ammo boxs for...well...ammo. to be honest with the state the game is in alrady you dont really need to go mad with having to much gear on you, bit of food, water, ammo, meds and your pretty much rocking your one man army look XD

Could someone also please explain to me why the hell can you server hop? Just seems to be a complete waste of time, why is the feature there and what purpose is it trying to accomplish?

When I first started playing I server hopped until it occurred to me that I was cheating myself of the true survival experience; half the fun of the game is gearing up--once you do that you can explore the map and meet other players (with various outcomes). As DayZ becomes filled with more content, there will be plenty of other things to do (I state the obvious, but you asked the question). The "feature" is not there to facilitate server hopping for gear, it's there so a player can simply, well... try different servers (for a variety of reasons). If foks want a better chance to get loot just join a low-population server.

:)

Or go where people don't normally go. You can run to the north end of the map in 30 minutes, chances are good you can find loot up there.

North end of the map is barely touched, especially Svetlojarsk, which has a couple of rich houses, hospital, police station, you can gear up within ten minutes of being up there, taking another ten minutes to get to the nearby small airstrip which can hold a few goodies as well.