Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Bugg

I lost everything that i had =(

Hello, so recently i have been playing DayZ intensely, i had gotten lots of gear, and probably the best looking M4 to my standards, i taught i would never lose my stuff, but boy was i wrong...

So just 5 minutes ago i was playing on some server, i can't exactly remember which one and the only thing i can remember is that the game mode type was regular, not hardcore. So anyways, i was just running around and for some reason the game instantly crashed to my desktop without warning. A white blank box appeared seconds later with the options of "ok" or "cancel" and a "x" button on the top right of the box, most likely a error box but there were no words. Afterwards, i waiting a couple of minutes and i re-opened DayZ with no issues, i joined a random server with the game mode of regular and i looked at my character and i have lost all of my stuff, all my gear, my gun, food,drinks,etc. I had literally lost everything in a second of the moment. This really sucks because as a new player i don't know much and i had to constantly stop and look at the maps, videos, and guides online, not only do i run the factor that i got lost for about 4 hours in real time trying to get to a airfield, but i died several times by numerous players, so losing all my stuff was a big deal for me.

Why did i lose all my stuff? Would it be possible to get it back?

Don't get so attached to your gear. EVER

It happens, especially in Alpha

If you log onto a server, and your stuff is gone, you need to immediately log back out. Or else it will save your character the way it is. Then if you log back onto that server, you should be fine.

It happened to me before. I lost all my gear like you did.

If you log onto a server, and your stuff is gone, you need to immediately log back out. Or else it will save your character the way it is. Then if you log back onto that server, you should be fine.

It happened to me before. I lost all my gear like you did.

I tried that, and my character is still lost =(

I tried that, and my character is still lost =(

You also can't move around at all before you log out. Did you move around?

Sorry about your character man, but it happens to everyone. Just play again some other time and have some fun. And like NexVentor said, don't get attached to your gear.

You also can't move around at all before you log out. Did you move around?

Sorry about your character man, but it happens to everyone. Just play again some other time and have some fun. And like NexVentor said, don't get attached to your gear.

That doesn't work anymore.

Usually this happens to me when I log in just after they have done server maintenance.

That doesn't work anymore.

Usually this happens to me when I log in just after they have done server maintenance.

Oh. My mistake then, I wasn't aware.

fveq6q.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                    Call 1-800-LAWYER DOG

Your character might also have been killed while you crashed.

Even if the game was closing (after you closed it), the character was still in game for at least 30 seconds, vulnerable.

That's just a possibility anyway.