Sign in to follow this  
deathdragon1987 (DayZ)

Items should degrade over time

I think it would be amazing if certain items degraded over time, adding another dimension to realism. Here are a few examples:

• Knifes / Hatchets becoming blunt after x number of uses.

o Solution: Take item to a smithing stand and use a grinding wheel to sharpen. Or find another one.

• Running out of matches after x number of uses.

• Torches / weapon torches / NVGs / watches / run out of batteries after a certain amount of usage.

o Solution: Implement batteries into the game, then players have to find them.

• Weapons degrade over time, leading to issues such as jamming or a piece breaking (firing pin etc.).

o Solution: Maybe the condition of the weapon could be displayed, similar to the status of vehicles. You would have to visit a gun cleaning / repairing stand.

I believe Rocket wants to make more buildings accessible in the future so maybe these ideas could be put to good use.

If you like the idea, want to add one or think I’m an idiot please let me know! Sorry if this has been previously discussed :)

I would like this only if there were ways of repairing them. It was the major problem I had with Far Cry 2, actually. also, buildings should degrade somewhat as well :3

also' date=' buildings should degrade somewhat as well :3

[/quote']

The longest life anyone has had so far in the game is something like 260 hours. How much do you think a building would degrade in 10 days?

I like the thought of your gear having durability. Weapons jamming, backpacks getting holes, flashlights needing batteries, etc. I was going to suggest the idea. A way to repair them would be nice. Maybe dismantle other weapons for parts for your guns, or it would give you more incentive to have duplicates of your favorite guns. Would keep those all geared up players scavenging to replace their worn weapons.

i like it,

guns should degrade

nvg should use batteries same goes for flashlights

they can just add a depletion bar like those of ammos