Sign in to follow this  
GrossDeutschland

Can't join empty server

Whenever I try to join an empty server, I get stuck on the waiting for host screen. And I still hear all of the sounds from the server list page... I've waited for quite some time just to make sure it isn't that it just takes longer, but still no dice, I end up pressing escape and it brings me back to the server page.... 

Any ideas? Does this happen to anyone else?

Regards,

Groß

why would you join an empty server...to loot all the gear without being shot at? then move onto the next one maybe?

ya... Me too.

I have kinda given Up on empty servers, trying to find my way around empty map more than electro dethmatch.

have been hitting low population servers 2-3 ppl. no problem. not a fix ,but something

Yeah, why would you want an empty server, anyways if you really need to cheat and miss out on 90% of the game just join one with 1 person

Edited by Skyelur

ya... Me too.

I have kinda given Up on empty servers, trying to find my way around empty map more than electro dethmatch.

have been hitting low population servers 2-3 ppl. no problem. not a fix ,but something

why do this :( XD

why would you join an empty server...to loot all the gear without being shot at? then move onto the next one maybe?

for Me... not familiar with map. Not just newbie to game But Map.

nice to look around without getting shot @

(NOT that I mind)

Why? So I can raid NW Airfield without getting sniped every single time I go... I play on full servers once I atleast have an m4 or a good group of people, but if youre raiding alone, youre gonna have a bad time...

TY, hunt man.

got map.( a few. am still checking for best for me.)(IZURVIVE IS ON TOP for me atm}

a lil diff when I want to runn around getting me bearings not ge3tting shot at is kinda

nice ...  to knoW can check map and not get shoT@ as a newb. I Cant complain.

I mean I think the point of empty servers is to full em up why cant you join em?

All servers where empty at some point

Why? So I can raid NW Airfield without getting sniped every single time I go... I play on full servers once I atleast have an m4 or a good group of people, but if youre raiding alone, youre gonna have a bad time...

NW Airfield is not the only place to go, and you can easily raid it on a high pop if your patient and don't run straight down the middle like your a plane taking off. What is the point of looting and encountering other players if you just do it when geared. Thats 1/4 of the experience of dayz

Have this same  "problem" but not only with empty servers.. had the same thing with just lower population servers. Could be my connection though.

Yeah, why would you want an empty server, anyways if you really need to cheat and miss out on 90% of the game just join one with 1 person

cheat??? 

shooting a newb without any gear with full gear, or take them hostage with a group... ORRRR... on " Friendly"  servers getting shot WITHOUT any form of communication on forehand, just because there is an ***hole that thinks he is so goddamn funny behind his screen... and so far I met ALOT of ***holes... and with a comment like that (so not just you, but don't seem to feel the need to reply to the other "pro-newb-killers")... you are prolly one of them.

Its a survival game, not a *****ing TD ... AND IF... you want to play it like that, make sure you do it on a PVP server.

I gonna quote a old player I once met on a totally different genre, but with kinda the same mechanics if it come;s to surviving:

" it doesn't matter what you do in (a) game, as long as you remember it;s still YOU doing it "

So yeah, if you act like an ahole, and think your not IRL... your just an ahole without knowing you are one.

I mean I think the point of empty servers is to full em up why cant you join em?

All servers where empty at some point

And that's also a very legitimate point... 

Empty servers you can't join are being restarted. Refresh the page until you see at least 1 other player in there and then you can join. If no other player turns up, just spam join it until you're in.