Sign in to follow this  
ArteyFlo

How to get max fps with my computer?

Here are my PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz 2400 MHZ, 4 cores, 4 logical processors

RAM: 8gb

Graphics card: Intel Geforce gt 640

I've already edited the CFG files in Arma 2 Backups in my Documents and I edited the CFG files located in other profiles. I also have already included some startup parameters on the DayZ shortcut. I use Dayz Commander btw. My fps is pretty bad atm, I usually get only about 7-14 fps in Berezino and I think about 7-10 in Cherno. In the wilderness I get around 25-30 ish fps.

Anyone know if it's possible to increase my fps?

Graphics card: Intel Geforce gt 640

Maybe you should get a non-fictional GPU OP

To be a litle more helpful than the last guy...

I am not thinking is

much to do ATM

than deal with.

I hate to say ALPHA but maby true here.

Game has a lot to do/add/fix before asking these things of it. have to finish game before can fix FPS for all.

I have an almost exact system as you. 660ti is all difference I see on  U. and not much more I can do to improve(that I know of).

edit- I like EDiT

Edited by SmokedUpJoe

Thanks SmokedUpJoe. I guess I'll have to wait until Rocket makes DayZ more optimized then, if that's what you're saying.

Just want to jump in and say that if possible, overclock your PC. On that Quad C2D (as old as it is) you should be able to get 3ghz without issue as DayZ is CPU intensive at the moment and as long as your memory can take a higer clock rate.

I have an old E7600 3ghz C2D overclocked to 3.75ghz on an equally old Asus mobo and an ATI 7770 which again is overclocked to 1100 core & 1300 mem and because my PCI slot is linked to my FSB you can add 20% to the values of the ATI 7770.

My game settings are normal to high (still looks pretty tho) and a screen res of 1680x1050 and generally I get about 30-40 FPS everywhere, spikes to 60+ and lows to 25'ish. So even on an older machine can be very reasonable.