vincedavidson

Its hard to be a good guy

I've tried really hard to be a good guy in this game.. But every time I put myself out there I get stabbed in the back. Like last night I was in Cherno.. I had a horde of zeds chasing me and I ran into one of the big multi-story warehouses that drop military loot.

I see a guy in a ghillie suit in there with his flashlight out. I hear over the mic "dont shoot don't shoot, I'm friendly!!" I reply that I'm friendly and tell him that there is a horde of zombies chasing me and tell him to get upstairs and I will take care of them so he dosen't have to waste bullets..

Exactly 47 dead zombies later things calm down and I tell ghillie suit guy that everything is ok and that he can come down now.. He does and we talk a bit.. He says he has some revolver ammo that I could have.. I tell him that would be great. I mention that I have some ak ammo that he could have since I don't have an AK (was using a lee enfield/revolver at the time) I drop a flare because it was pitch black. I hit "g" to go into my gear to drop the ak ammo for him then *BAM* my brians are splattered all over the walls..

I will never know exactly why he did it.. Maybe when I lit the flare he saw my alice pack and decided he wanted it.. Maybe he thought I was going to betray him but I doubt that because I could have easily shot him in the head when I first saw him.. with time enough to take out the zeds chasing me.. I would like to think it was an accident but I doubt that too.

That has happened to me too many times.. and I fall for it every time because when I give my word.. I mean it... and I believe that most people are the same way..

in real life I'm sure that guy is a nice dude, but in this game people are not to be trusted because even the nicest guy in rl can be a dick in game

I'll admit that I have lost my cool in game.. I had gotten murdered in the town hall in electro and spawned close enough to quickly book it back to where I was killed with nothing but an axe and a horde of zombies chasing me found some guy picking the remaining scraps off of my corpse.. in my state of rage I thought maybe it was the same guy but in the back of my mind I new it probably wasn't... but i planted my axe in his skull just the same and was eaten in turn by the horde I attracted in my frantic quest for revenge.. I apologized and explained why i did it in side chat.. but got no response.. That is one of the few instances where I lost control and went to the dark side..

I still want to be a good guy.. but I need to find a group to play with that I know I can trust.. that is the only way you can play cooperatively in this game..

tldr: Ive tried to be a good guy but always get stabbed in the back. I want to find a group of people to play cooperatively with.

I'd play with you. I always try to ask friendly and if no response then i generally shoot because you never know what their intention is. I've only met 2 people in game that actually used direct chat to communicate and not kill each other.

I actually just made a post looking for non-asshole-ish people to play dayz with.

Let me know if you wanna play?

I've lost a lot of progress today by trusting people. I just leave them alone now.

Keep the faith. I've never killed a player in DayZ and plan to keep it that way.

If you want to roll with mature players with a good sense of humour, you'll know what to do with this:

SpiderGaming.org

Hit me on skype: lewis.morley7 got a nice group going on, friendly :)

I'm RpTheHotrod. By nature I'm very friendly. I'll only shoot first if I feel you are a threat. If you're running away from my area or are unarmed, I don't shoot. If you come running in my area with a gun, I typically voice chat to stop and declare if friendly. If they keep moving towards me I take the shot while I have it. If they stop and declare friendly, I'm cautious but I won't fire unless provoked. I'll likely invite you to tag along. If I spot someone who has no chance to evade my fire, and I am safe, I typically give 3 warning shouts. If they don't respond after the 3rd warning, I take them out. Plenty of time to declare friendly.

I'd never shoot first but in my experience well over 3/4 of the population I've come across shoot first.

Being a 'good guy' does not necessarily mean you must trust everybody.

I mean... it was your fault you got killed by giving your back to an experienced player.

No matter what, never stop pointing at someone who you do not know IRL.

If you want to give him something tell him to go away and you will drop stuff

on the floor for him to pick up (I take it as you want to help people no matter if

they are bandits right? cause there is no way to know this).

Be extra careful when it comes to other players.

I tend to play both styles.

Sometimes I kill for fun, for loot or because im scared I get killed.

And sometimes I help others by clearing zeds or giving ammo or meds.

I change so randomly, I dont even know what im going to do next.

I know the feeling.... been there done that, got the t-shirt.

Shoot me a PM or add me on steam, vandrelblitz

I finally got a nice group of folks to roll around with where I don't have to worry about someone ganking me in the back for dumb crap.

Yeah, I started off friendly, but I've been killed and robbed too many times by too many people who said they were friendly. I won't shoot you if you're unarmed, but I tend to steer way clear of populated areas and if I see people in the town I'm passing, I'll probably watch them to try and gauge who they are..

I don't want to say that I will attack unprovoked *every* time, but there's definitely a better chance then before I got stabbed in the back 6757685 times. :P

I usually just ask people if they have ventrilo and can jump on the server with us, if they do then we generally are able to trust them. Most asshats won't bother to jump on vent with us.