Sign in to follow this  
damonxwind

Literal Pile of Loot in South Barracks?

Okay, this has happened to me twice now, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to. The very first time, and the very latest time I've hit the northwest airfield, something strange has happened.

I go inside the southerly barracks, to check for the juicy loot, and there, at the end of the hall, is a PILE, of weapons, ammo, and miscellaneous loot. Now when I say pile, I mean 4 M4s, 2 M16 M203s, 2AKMs, 3 AK74, 1 AK74u, assorted ammo that would take up two Alice Packs.

This doesn't seem like a natural phenomenon, because all but two times, the barracks has seemed to have normal spawn rates, just rarer weapons in some cases. I brushed it off as a bug the first time, but it's happened twice now...

I see... well don't ban me for nabbing some M107 and PDW ammo...

I performed no exploits.

How long does it take for loot to re-spawn? i am tired of going to empty deer stands, or empty houses

I heard 30 minutes somewhere, but it might be a server setting. I was on a server this morning that there was NO loot ANYWHERE, except stuff that seemed to have been dropped by other players.

Idk, about 10min, not really an exploit though. Loot HAS to respawn or no one else would be able to get loot. If one can get fresh high level loot every 10 minutes without having to risk moving too far then they will. The only thing you can change is the loot respawn time.

Oh ok cheers guys, i might stick around that empty barn or deer stand next time and see if anything re-spawns

Well, I'd say that server hopping to loot a lootspawn again and again is an exploit, and so is whatever people are doing to spawn the crapton of hardware at that barracks.

Well' date=' I'd say that server hopping to loot a lootspawn again and again is an exploit, and so is whatever people are doing to spawn the crapton of hardware at that barracks.

[/quote']

Farming the barracks is not a exploit, all we do is pick it up and move it away from the spawn point, wait for new loot, move it, repeat until we get what we want. Is it cheap? Yep, but it's no different then coming back over and over and looking.

I believe loot spawns every 15 minutes provided the spawn location is cleared. This would explain the piles of equipment you will sometimes come across. Picture each of those loot spawn locations as an invisible weapon/ammo crate, with "X" amount of available space, which is repopulated with loot if there is available space every 15 minutes (maybe selectable as others mentioned?). As for the other questions about spawn times, keep in mind, there is always the chance that no loot spawns at all, however your empty cans and bottles have a pretty high chance.

It is an exploit of the spawn script which "refills" the invisible weapon holders aka crates, however they do have to continually clear the area and protect it from players. The main problem I have with this, is that the weapon models; once there are a hundred+ laying around it will drop the server / client performance significantly in that area.

People farm like that in any other MMO, and this mod seems to have that type of feel to it. Figures people would farm loot here as well.

Sounds boring to me, defeats the purpose of the game in my opinion... But to each their own.