havagrim

Dayz life

Spawned in on almost full HC newly restarted server. Was close to NEAF. Rushed in after scouting the area. Looted it all except the last building. As I enter and close the door a bullet hits the wall. I rush in, loot it and get in position in the top floor.

I hear the zombie downstairs roar and I look down as it charges towards the door. I ready my aim with my m4. I see a guy lookinh pretty geared push in and i fall back a bit and says;

"It dont have to end like this man! Im friendly!"

"Im friendly too" he replies.

He yells that there is a sniper outside.

A third guy comes in. Hurt. Shoot in the back by the sniper but alive.

I share all the food I got and I got some spare sks ammo for the first guy, and he has some ammo for the third newcomer.

The most friendly encounter I have had is at an airbase with two strangers under fire from a sniper.

Damn I love this game..

We ended up rushing out towards the tree line we think the sniper is in. We zig-zag over the field and dodge them bullets that come flying. Zombies on our tail. We get some cover bit I loose the other guys in the midst of zombies attacking. I run around for a while alone searching for them and the sniper.

I hear a few shots in the distance. Are they dead? Did they get him? Did they just run?

I come up to the little electric central on the far side of the airfield. I hear a shot then I see a guy rushing the base. Looks nothing like the guys I met. Maybe its the sniper? I take a few buck shots, knowing somewhere im not going to hit him with my m4 and damaged acog.

suddenly a loud bang and all goes black.

I wake up! With a shrug I get up to the electric station and lie down. I try to asses the situation and where to go when I hear a shot from behind. This time I dont get up. Well done I say. Well done. Enjoy my stuff and have a good day mr sniper. I just hope the two guys I met got away..

• Like 4

Pot shots I mean.. not sure what buck shots is if anything? :-D

From Sweden and typing on phone so excuse any bad grammar and shizzle..

Just felt like sharing on of the cooler moments in my DayZ lifetime :-D

Yeah. Felt really cool coming together under a common threat like that. Felt just like how I expected it to be when I started playing. Just took over 500 hours of platytime to find it! ;-)

Pot shots I mean.. not sure what buck shots is if anything? :-D

Buck shot is a term used for Shotgun ammunition that has larger, fewer pellets. Rather than smaller, numerous ones. (Unsure what the exact sizes are.)

Anyway, good read. I love dying in a decent firefight. Ran past some Bandit scum on accident the other day at Balota airfield. I was trying to pull overwatch but the exact hill I wanted was covered in 5 of these fucks and I couldn't see them until I ran right between them. Grabbed cover at the bottom of the hill and they busted my leg. Took out 2 with my Mosin before going out. Then my other 2 mates ran in and finished them off. A lot better feeling than getting shot at 600 meters by someone who won't even bother to check your shit.

Ahhh. Thanks for clearing that up. I had ammo in the back off my head but wasnt sure :-)

Good job taking some off em with you to the god of war. Like you I hate when I get sniped but I dont mind dying in a noce fire fight. Keep on keeping and cya around cherno :-)