Hy3RiD

Game is growing too fast?

I think this game is going to explode (well it already has) and then fizzle out before it'e even finished and released. Perhaps the servers could be taken offline and the devs thank everyone for their input. then re release for BETA, with awesome new features.

Or, I could get back to playing and stop thinking...

I would get back to playing, but there isn't a single server that isn't full.

Close this game and I doubt I'd look into coming back, I'm already hooked and taking it from me will probably lead me back to EVE and getting hooked there again.

This won't die unless devs fuck something up majorly. Like trying to make this too casual. We have zero truly hardcore survivor games with this kind of element of human interaction. This concept alone will guarantee lots of players. Fastest way to kill this mod would be to listen PvP whiners and make it like ARMA2 coop with zombies.

They need people to test it live. A small beta test team doesn't present the same challenges of optimization and so on

Releasing it alpha was a really foolish mistake. The game has so many bugs in its current state that I can't honestly tell anyone to buy ARMA II for this. 3-4 friends have thanked me for letting them try the current game state out on my PC to decide if they want to buy ARMAII (none have). Most of them really enjoyed other zombie games, and have played army simulators (PR, bits of ARMAII).

Dayz dev teams now need to either keep updating this at a very fast pace, or realize people will get burned out long before this game is close to release and keep their own pace. Also factor in competitor games in the same genre (STALKER team's MMO, supposed F2p) which could dent this mod pretty bad.

I think ARMAIII will be the next big era in this mod and possibly make it profitable, but for now I have a feeling this rush of players will die off in 4 weeks.

Releasing it alpha was a really foolish mistake. The game has so many bugs in its current state that I can't honestly tell anyone to buy ARMA II for this. 3-4 friends have thanked me for letting them try the current game state out on my PC to decide if they want to buy ARMAII (none have). Most of them really enjoyed other zombie games' date=' and have played army simulators (PR, bits of ARMAII).

Dayz dev teams now need to either keep updating this at a very fast pace, or realize people will get burned out long before this game is close to release and keep their own pace. Also factor in competitor games in the same genre (STALKER team's MMO, supposed F2p) which could dent this mod pretty bad.

I think ARMAIII will be the next big era in this mod and possibly make it profitable, but for now I have a feeling this rush of players will die off in 4 weeks.

[/quote']

This is an alpha, and was only supposed to serve as a stress test.

This is a mod made by passionate fans who aren't being paid.

Take a look back at your post and ask yourself "Am I really being fair?"

I hope people get burned out! That way the rest of us can actually connect to a server without waiting for years.

They (rocket) couldn't have tested the game and gotten this much feedback without releasing the alpha. Besides, people really need to understand what the term "alpha" means from a software development perspective. Potentially showstopping bugs are to be expected, and many features either won't be implemented or are only partially so.

They (rocket) couldn't have tested the game and gotten this much feedback without releasing the alpha. Besides' date=' people really need to understand what the term "alpha" means from a software development perspective. Potentially showstopping bugs are to be expected, and many features either won't be implemented or are only partially so.

[/quote']

When the only fun part of the game is killing other players or grouping together with a server owner, its not showstopping its unplayable.

This is an alpha' date=' and was only supposed to serve as a stress test.

[/quote']

Rocket is an Arma dev

This is an alpha' date=' and was only supposed to serve as a stress test.

[/quote']

Rocket is an Arma dev

Lol hes a dev? I'm not sure whether to think he did this incredibly fast, or what..........

They (rocket) couldn't have tested the game and gotten this much feedback without releasing the alpha. Besides' date=' people really need to understand what the term "alpha" means from a software development perspective. Potentially showstopping bugs are to be expected, and many features either won't be implemented or are only partially so.

[/quote']

When the only fun part of the game is killing other players or grouping together with a server owner, its not showstopping its unplayable.

Pfft, you and your PvP. The fun part is the immersion effect of this game, well, for me anyway. I played the hell out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R; Shadow of Chernobyl and simply trying to survive against the military, bandits, mutants and the harsh conditions of The Zone was one of the most fun things I've ever done! That's actually what got me interested in this mod; interacting with others to try and survive the Zombie Apocalypse. It's not how many people/zombies you kill, it's how long can you last!

That's what I mean, if this was just indeed a stress test he could close it and thank everyone for updates while major bugs and balances are fixed and keep people hooked with teasers. That way more people will enjoy a full game, not an alpha which will burn out soon.

Lol hes a dev? I'm not sure whether to think he did this incredibly fast' date=' or what..........

[/quote']

A hobby side-project for funs and giggles that now consumes all his free time and causes him to be contacted from people known in the game world from all over the Earth. :D

WTF, why would you want the game to close down.... minecraft ran through alpha and look at the success that is!

This game is amazing, and to be honest I havent seen any bugs worth writing home about.

[/quote']

You sir, are in the minority.

Anyway stop being so god damned entitled. This is an alpha. If you are purely here for your own gratification and not here to TEST and contribute to the development of this mod into a playable state then just leave and play a completed AAA game or something.

When the only fun part of the game is killing other players or grouping together with a server owner' date=' its not showstopping its unplayable.

[/quote']

No fun for you perhaps but not everyone plays the game the same way that's the beauty of it. If that's the only way you can have fun with the mod then it's maybe not for you.

I have heaps of fun I spend 90% of my time in game solo stalking/avoiding zombies and other players. The reactions I get from other players is lol when you get the drop on them and let them know in side channel.

[/quote']

Bitter much?

The popularity is great and I'm happy for Rocket and the recognition he is receiving from the rest of the gaming community. I'm also happy that developers are being forced to take notice that we are enjoying a game that is well outside of their marketing comfort bubble.

After reading posts from the dev team I am reassured that if the alpha was shut down tomorrow I wouldn't care because I know that when it is eventually released it will be awesome.

[/asskissing]

You are witnessing the birth of a genre, the MMOZSRPG. Stopping the game now is like pausing a movie at the 60 minute mark