Sign in to follow this  
rigz

When does loot respawn in DayZ?

On a high pop server there is hardly loot to be found in allot of buildings, yes i understand on high pop servers : more people + more dead's + more people running arround to search loot. So basically if u want to be good on food/ammo/clothing u first need to search the loot on lower populated servers and when u have more then enough u can finally join a full server and u don't have to worry about finding food/etc fast.

But the thing is i enjoy playing on high pop servers but unfortunately hardy loot to be found, and when u find a construction building 2 bandit campers are on it camping for example near berezino, i understand on a high pop server u can't expect loot to be found like in every building every minute but still one can of food would be better then a badly damaged compass.

what are your thought's about this ? and how does loot respawn in dayz at this moment ( high pop vs low pop )

Come on guys, don't flame it...

rigs, cool tips for you to have some good loot, you got servers that restard the loot every 2,3 or 4 hours, you get that message wend you are in the server, or try to do like most of the guys do, best time to loot, from 8:00 to 11:00, you will see that at this time most of the servers have lots of players, be very careful, airfields, military bases Electro Cherno, this are places that at this time, you have to be very careful.

Hope that helps you out.

• Like 1

basically the answer to your question is: loot doesn't respawn. new loot only happens on a server restart.
a bad choice on the devs part because it encourages server hopping.
and while loot suddenly appearing periodically is a little unrealistic, it's certainly no more a departure from reality as
constantly eating and drinking with zero worries about the poops and the pisses.

• Like 2

As answered above it doesn't respawn until server reset. 

Although, they're doing this so that they can test the looting mechanisms, as Rocket mentioned. The loot spawning system will most likely/probably change in the future, just as of now, it's having no big issues, and they have bigger things to worry about.

The loot spawning system will most likely/probably change in the future, just as of now, it's having no big issues, and they have bigger things to worry about.

I think you mean definitely change in the future. They're working on persistent containers atm, so I figure they'll sort out a loot respawning mechanic as soon as they finish all the things that hold loot.

• Like 1

I think you mean definitely change in the future. They're working on persistent containers atm, so I figure they'll sort out a loot respawning mechanic as soon as they finish all the things that hold loot.

Yeah thanks. :P