Sign in to follow this  
Etherimp

Killing bandit, and giving his gear to fresh spawn!

My friends and I head up the coast hunting for bad guys... No campers in Kamyshovo.. Further up.. No campers in Solnichney.. We pass all the way through the treeline behind Berezino without incident, until we finally spot a player in the North end of Berezino near the industrial area..

Here's what happened next:

• Like 2

I'm all for hunting "bad guys" but that guy clearly said he didn't understand you - how do you know he wasn't there to meet a friend who recently spawned?

Ummm sort of a good call....I would of taken the axe, mags etc and dumped them whilst the others watch...let him break out the cuffs and see what would of happened then. Liked the part when they guy said i will shoot you in the head...then eveybody took a shot at him

It's like why are you here with military gear,  says the guy with military gear.
  • Like 2

It's like why are you here with military gear,  says the guy with military gear.

Taken from the vid itself:

1. The guy refused to communicate with us and refused to comply.. Had he talked to us, and expressed his intentions, we would have gone from there and let him go.

2. We don't shoot fresh spawns unless they attack us.. We were going to Berezino specifically to find geared people, because geared people shouldn't be there unless they are killing fresh spawns, or helping people... Do you honestly think this guy was helping people? 

3. The guy we caught was not TALKING.. he was pretending to be unable to understand us, but he was not from another country.. his ping was low, and at first his English was fine.. Only after we kept demanding him to talk did he start pulling the "I don't understand you" card, which immediately raises red flags, as it seemed to us he was attempting to stall. (Possibly getting friends to come).. His lack of responsiveness was an indication that he may be in teamspeak with others, which is why I asked him "Do you have friends moving in on us?"

4. People will sometimes drop their backpacks when they know they are entering a risky situation, in hopes they can run back to it. It's very possible the Mosin guy running towards us was with this player, as according to Kossuth he was geared. You cannot get long range scopes in coastal towns.. only barracks, ATC's, hangers, and tents... None of which are in Berezino.

5. If the Mosin guy had continued running North, he would not have been shot.. he was running directly towards us, approximately 100m's from the North.

6. There were other geared players in the town which Kossuth shot with his Mosin shortly after this clip ends.. They were camping on top of an industrial building with Long Range Scopes.. There's no way to know for sure if they were with the player we held up, but we had reason to suspect they were, as they showed up on top of the industrial building so shortly after they heard a Mosin shot from the apartments (Kossuth killing the Mosin guy.)

Shame on you.  I saw nothing in that video that warranted killing that dude in the red backpack.  Shame.  You should go home and cut your inner thigh.

BTW, you sound like a dick.  "What are you doing in Berezino?"

Who are you, the DayZ police?

Edited by DayZ_Friendly
  • Like 1

Shame on you.  I saw nothing in that video that warranted killing that dude in the red backpack.  Shame.  You should go home and cut your inner thigh.

BTW, you sound like a dick.  "What are you doing in Berezino?"

Who are you, the DayZ police?

For some reason i do agree...he wasnt really being hostile, he could of been passing through, he probably only knows the way back through there

Actually another point you say 'you awfully armed to be down here' when you and your buddies are armed to the teeth as well...again as i said he could of just been passing through, just think he is on his own so cannot really rely on having 2 friends help him with food, water, bandages, ammo. I actually call bad call on this one.

BTW, who's the guy that's like, "Don't move or you're fucking dead!!!"

Dude, relax.  It's not an episode of cops.

The suspect pulls out a pistol and proceeds to open fire at the police officers {actually he was holding a bannah and was peeling it it}

For some reason i do agree...he wasnt really being hostile, he could of been passing through, he probably only knows the way back through there

Yeah, this is false heroism.  You actually have to witness a player DOING something bad before you can kill him for the sake of being called a "hero."

All you basically did was give some guy's gear (which he earned through looting) to a douchebag that just happened to run up to you.

Boo you sir.

Edited by DayZ_Friendly

Taken from the vid itself:

1. The guy refused to communicate with us and refused to comply.. Had he talked to us, and expressed his intentions, we would have gone from there and let him go.

2. We don't shoot fresh spawns unless they attack us.. We were going to Berezino specifically to find geared people, because geared people shouldn't be there unless they are killing fresh spawns, or helping people... Do you honestly think this guy was helping people? 

3. The guy we caught was not TALKING.. he was pretending to be unable to understand us, but he was not from another country.. his ping was low, and at first his English was fine.. Only after we kept demanding him to talk did he start pulling the "I don't understand you" card, which immediately raises red flags, as it seemed to us he was attempting to stall. (Possibly getting friends to come).. His lack of responsiveness was an indication that he may be in teamspeak with others, which is why I asked him "Do you have friends moving in on us?"

4. People will sometimes drop their backpacks when they know they are entering a risky situation, in hopes they can run back to it. It's very possible the Mosin guy running towards us was with this player, as according to Kossuth he was geared. You cannot get long range scopes in coastal towns.. only barracks, ATC's, hangers, and tents... None of which are in Berezino.

5. If the Mosin guy had continued running North, he would not have been shot.. he was running directly towards us, approximately 100m's from the North.

6. There were other geared players in the town which Kossuth shot with his Mosin shortly after this clip ends.. They were camping on top of an industrial building with Long Range Scopes.. There's no way to know for sure if they were with the player we held up, but we had reason to suspect they were, as they showed up on top of the industrial building so shortly after they heard a Mosin shot from the apartments (Kossuth killing the Mosin guy.)

Dude, most of the time people's mics are so crappy I can't understand most of the people.

Teamspeak is so much clearer than in-game.  You need to consider this.  

Yeah, this is false heroism.  You actually have to witness a player DOING something bad before you can kill him for the sake of being called a "hero."

All you basically did was give some guy's gear (which he earned through looting) to a douchebag that just happened to run up to you.

Boo you sir.

Agreed...i normally watch from a distance if there is action. Sometimes i have made bad judgements with trusting someone but nothing like the what happened in this video...this was a class of its own..somewhere between not being a hero and not being a bandit...more like sticking your nose into someones business whens theres no business to start of with. A friend also viewed it and said that the video looks abit staged I.e. you wanted to make a video like this but didnt have the material, so you created the material, basically saying you found the guy and thought great this is my time to make myself and my friends look like the good guys. Nice try tho

you state in your comments as well 'We're a group of friends.. We go by the squad name "Aegis", but we don't have recruitments or anything like that.. Me, Koss, Killshot, and Hoff Suppressant have all been playing together for about a year, and were heroes in the mod.' but how was this video showcaseing that your are a bunch of heroes...you didn't save anyone or actually help anyone?

Yeah, it seems like OP's only rules for being a hero is killing any armed player.

Not hero behavior my friend.

Agreed^^

Your opinions . Not going to argue it. However, it wasn't staged. We gave the guy plenty of warnings and told him we would shoot him if he didn't stop resisting.. If he had complied he would have been set free. You have to consider the reasons why people are on the coast in the first place. How many times have you spawned in, ran to Berezino to get some supplies, only to be KOSd without warning by someone with military gear? It's for that reason that we patrol the coast. We actually give the bandits a fair fight by being armed and able to shoot back.

Once you have military gear there are very few reasons to be in Berezino unless

A. You are shooting freshies

B. You are meeting a friend and protecting them

C. You are helping freshies.

This guy got military gear then came to berezino, and was running to the apartments (a common gank spot), and when confronted he stalled and refused to cooperate. He had no fresh spawn with him. He had geared friends that tried moving in on us and it was pretty obvious to us at the time that he was speaking to someone on team speak. If we kept him alive and gave him time to get his friends closer to us he could provide them Intel on our positions and the best time to strike. That is why he was executed.

I don't expect you to agree or understand. Only try to see it from our point of view.

We were all heroes in the mod, and we have been playing this game long enough to know when someone is fishy. There are other videos of us letting geared players go about their business because they were open and direct and were clearly not bandits. I have some footage of an encounter like that in elektro that I may upload soon.

Also keep in mind, its easy to criticize our actions after the fact, but you weren't there. Kossuth was the one who yelled at the guy and you gotta keep in mind that its a tense situation.

Worst case scenario is we made a bad call and executed an innocent.. At least we weren't running around KOSing freshies like most geared players on the coast do.

Your opinions . Not going to argue it. However, it wasn't staged. We gave the guy plenty of warnings and told him we would shoot him if he didn't stop resisting.. If he had complied he would have been set free. You have to consider the reasons why people are on the coast in the first place. How many times have you spawned in, ran to Berezino to get some supplies, only to be KOSd without warning by someone with military gear? It's for that reason that we patrol the coast. We actually give the bandits a fair fight by being armed and able to shoot back.

Once you have military gear there are very few reasons to be in Berezino unless

A. You are shooting freshies

B. You are meeting a friend and protecting them

C. You are helping freshies.

This guy got military gear then came to berezino, and was running to the apartments (a common gank spot), and when confronted he stalled and refused to cooperate. He had no fresh spawn with him. He had geared friends that tried moving in on us and it was pretty obvious to us at the time that he was speaking to someone on team speak. If we kept him alive and gave him time to get his friends closer to us he could provide them Intel on our positions and the best time to strike. That is why he was executed.

I don't expect you to agree or understand. Only try to see it from our point of view.

We were all heroes in the mod, and we have been playing this game long enough to know when someone is fishy. There are other videos of us letting geared players go about their business because they were open and direct and were clearly not bandits. I have some footage of an encounter like that in elektro that I may upload soon.

Also keep in mind, its easy to criticize our actions after the fact, but you weren't there. Kossuth was the one who yelled at the guy and you gotta keep in mind that its a tense situation.

Worst case scenario is we made a bad call and executed an innocent.. At least we weren't running around KOSing freshies like most geared players on the coast do.

Cool, just don't post a video saying you were a hero where nowhere in the video did you do anything "heroic."

You also need to re-think your idea that the only reason geared players are in Berezino is to kill other people.  Under that logic, you have free reign to just kill anyone with a weapon on a coastal city.  And I have a feeling that's what you are doing anyway.

Edited by DayZ_Friendly

"How was my post not constructive? I gave him critique on his video.. it was unwatchable because of the factors I pointed out.. You may argue that 5-6 guys KOSing a random player is something people want to see.. I'd say those people are probably in the minority. If you're going to be a bandit, or KOS, people at least want to see you fighting 1v2, 1v3, or squad vs squad, or acting in a tactical/strategic manner... Just running through woods and randomly spraying 60 M4 shots at a guy you see without provocation is not very interesting to watch."

Says this guy about my video. Who then turns around and executes random guy (not well geared at all) handcuffed and no threat at all with several of his fully geared buddies. Okay so first hancuff them and abuse them then you can ,as long as your scope is aiming from 3 feet away from their head, then execute them. Hmmm....very entertaining.

Edited by FedExMan

I think we are beating a dead horse with this post. Good video but bad practice in my eyes, everybody who has commented has made a valid point.

"How was my post not constructive? I gave him critique on his video.. it was unwatchable because of the factors I pointed out.. You may argue that 5-6 guys KOSing a random player is something people want to see.. I'd say those people are probably in the minority. If you're going to be a bandit, or KOS, people at least want to see you fighting 1v2, 1v3, or squad vs squad, or acting in a tactical/strategic manner... Just running through woods and randomly spraying 60 M4 shots at a guy you see without provocation is not very interesting to watch."

Says this guy about my video. Who then turns around and executes random guy (not well geared at all) handcuffed and no threat at all with several of his fully geared buddies. Okay so first hancuff them and abuse them then you can ,as long as your scope is aiming from 3 feet away from their head, then execute them. Hmmm....very entertaining.

At least we gave the guy an option to cooperate, and followed it up by helping someone. You randomly spray 3rd person, 6v1 against a guy who didn't even know you were there. How can you even compare the two?

Cool, just don't post a video saying you were a hero where nowhere in the video did you do anything "heroic."

You also need to re-think your idea that the only reason geared players are in Berezino is to kill other people. Under that logic, you have free reign to just kill anyone with a weapon on a coastal city. And I have a feeling that's what you are doing anyway.

No where in any of my posts here or in the video did we claim to be 'heroes'. We were heroes in the mod. There are no heroes in stand alone.

How long have you been playing this game and did you play the mod? With all due respect, you seem a little clueless as far as KOS on the coast goes. If there's a military geared player sitting on top of the construction site in Berezino or the industrial bldg in solnichny, I will kill them on sight and without warning. Its safe to assume they are there shooting fresh spawns. The guy we grabbed had half-used mags on him and in his m4. You think those were used on zeds?

Wake up man. The guy was no good.