symptom

Survival Servers

I recently purchased a Survival Server DayZ server. Since the purchase, I have found serveral things that need to be brought to light. So people, please hear me out and save your money and don't buy a Survival Server.

• Epoch Tools do NOT work.
  • Server does not restart at the scheduled restarts. (Daily issue)
  • If I do a manual restart, the server will not come back up and a technician has to reset it.
  • I put in tickets for help with the server and the responce time is 12+ hours, and lately has been over 24 hour responces.
  • I had other tickets in the past that NEVER recieved a responce.
  • I was in game and a Survival Server staff member joined my server as a Super Admin, and claimed he was testing things.
  • Their FAQ page is a link to their forums where people ask questions and get little to no responces. http://www.survivalservers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 A lot of questions there with NO answers.
  • Can NOT customize the map as advertised. They told me "coming soon" over a month ago.
  • Repairing in game glitches takes them forever.

I will post some screenshots of the tickets and my control panel. I strongly recommend, that they are removed from ANY DayZ forum promoting them.

x28mo93.png

Turns out it was one of his staff members on my server. He never announced who he was, nor did I recieve any kind of notification that he would be joining the server to "test things".

It's definitely not a good thing for a server provider to not know who is working for them and especially not to communicate with the customer whehn something like this is going to take place.

Also, the other thing that was a sign of them being not that good of a server provider was when he said a hacker might have used a back door to get Super Admin access and full control of the server due the the antihack they provide.

Not good business.....just saying.

KrXkYx1.png

My server has been in "UNKNOWN" status for over 24 hours and this has happened about 5-6 times in the last two weeks.

I could post ticket after ticket people. I think you guys now know to stay away from these people.

They don't offer refunds so I gues I'm out of the money I paid in to it, but definitely lesson learned.

I would also steer clear of Survival Servers.  Their customer service is non existent.  They do not care about the customer r the product they are selling.  I have ordered two servers from them, and both never worked.  After a week of tickets by me they finally sent me an email saying they would be looking at my ticket shortly.  Oh and the average time for any ticket to be responded ot is about 3-4 days and they have only ever answered 50% of my tickets, sometimes the answer they send is "don't worry about it" we are working on it.  lol what a joke..... Don't worry about it?  I'm paying for something I am not getting, I'm a little worried about it.  My server mysteriously worked for a day and then went down again with the "unknown" status.  I kindly asked for a refund and this is the reply I received:

"We do not issue refunds, please also understand that we are not responsible for every bug with Overpoch. There is not a "perfect" set of files that have been publicly released like they do for Epoch.

It is a new mod and under development. We NEVER claimed anywhere that it was perfect, we only claim to support Overpoch in its most basic form.

I will check on the unknown issue for you.

Sincerely,
Chad, Survival Servers
Follow us @ https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers for up-to-date news & announcements"

This has nothing to do with any mod, the server did not work period.  Nobody could join and it constantly showed 10000 ping.

Another thing:  Their Overpoch servers come with jacked up PBO's and Databases.  There are traders that buy and sell the overwatch gear but it's all messed up in that nothing is called correctly in the DB so it doesn't highlight for your players and the class names are incorrect.  This is a royal pain in the A to fix.

Just my two cents I guess so if you like throwing away money give them a shot lol.

My advice is to stay very clear of these guys.  They are dishonest and will steal your money.

Edited by zkirby

Lol those errors are errors of your coding skills.....not survival servers job to babysit people adding custom content on their servers.  I actually had been with survival and left them but only cause of them  getting DDOS heavily.  He has prolly the most error proof setup for nubs coding a server.  People need to realize they cant blame the hosts for THEIR INABILITY TO CODE THEIR SERVERS.  Sorry just my 2 cents.

And the overpoch issue isnt related to a host bro.  It's related to the bad coding of overpoch.  When we ran overpoch we had to go threw countless lines of bad scripts.  Its an unbalanced joke imo.  I'm currently with DZAI and their servers are alot better, but at the cost of not being able to run the new epoch.  All these server hosts are what they are.  None are better than the other.  You get one good thing and trade for something else that pisses you off.  Annoying as it is its the reality.  Survival is a good host for people brand new to opening servers....but be warned if you dont know what your doing with the code....get someone who does on your side.

Edited by Slaughterhouse

I Dont know what your doing but mine is working fine! you dont need there support the server is so easy to Fix. If you need help Fixing your server Im here to help Mine works fine!

My Server: 192.111.147.36:4302

TeamSpeak: emerge.ts3.nfoservers.com