Sign in to follow this  
Qill

3 errors with beta patch, already attempted fixes.

Hello, my name is Qill and I am having a host of issues with the new beta patch. I am using Arma2:Operation Arrowhead with Arma2 Free,both from Steam. I have replaced the "arma2oa.exe" file in my Arma2:Operation Arrowhead folder with the "arma2oa.exe" file in Expansion\beta. However I did back up the original version. I have downloaded the latest DayZ files from the SWE(Sweden) link. I am running Windows Vista, and i believe I am fully updated. I followed the guide that LVG posted to install the Beta(http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13684) and I am using these launch paramaters in Steam:

"-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz". I have also completed the edits that the day z wiki told me to inside the file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd", a link to the download of the file is at the end of the post. I followed this guide for installing the Beta patch (http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ). If I left out any info please inform me as to what. Moving onwards towards the errors I am getting. Just a quick note, I realize that these errors have all been posted before and have been fixed, however these fixes have not worked for me. When I first boot up Operation-arrowhead in Steam, it shows me a menu, asking what I want to do. I select launch Combined-operations. It then shows a a new steam window that says launching Operation-arrowhead. After this it shows a CMD like menu for a moment and goes into the Arma2:OA loading window (the one with the boxes and ticks inside them) and during the loading process it appears with the message:

"addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'cabuildingparts'

I press okay and the loading finishes. The screen then goes black as it launches the game. The loading screen appears ( the one with the loading bar and the tank). At the end of this loading time the menu loads and I am given the error:

"no entry bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles\citizen1.scope"

I press okay and attempt to join a server. Upon reaching the select team window I am kicked with the message:

"addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'cabuildingparts"

I do not know what to do with all these errors, and help given is much appreciated, thank you, Qill.

"_runA2CO_beta" DL link, in case I messed up something there:

http://uploading.com/files/657ddbb4/_runA2CO_beta.cmd/

EDIT: I left this out, I am using manual install.

I seriously don't get why people edit the CMD file when there is absolutely no reason to.

Delete the CMD file, make STEAM do a recheck of the integrity of files so it is redownloaded and follow what is posted in this thread.

Or even better, delete the entire lot. Re-download. Get the latest beta from Arma2.com and do what it says in this thread.

I seriously don't get why people edit the CMD file when there is absolutely no reason to.

Delete the CMD file' date=' make STEAM do a recheck of the integrity of files so it is redownloaded and follow what is posted in this thread.

Or even better, delete the entire lot. Re-download. Get the latest beta from Arma2.com and do what it says in this thread.

Hold your horses, I already followed that guide! I'll do what you said about the CMD file though, thank you for the help.

EDIT: I deleted the CMD file and did that integrity check. Now when I boot up the message "Error creating 3D graphical engine" appears.

same exact problem. i have a steam copy. i've deleted and re-downloaded both the games and the mods as well as followed the above beta.exe/launcher method.

wtf is going on?

Make sure you're launching as CO and not just as OA? I'm not really really good with this kind of stuff like LGV is, but I do try and help with common fixes. :)

Also a quick question. Have you ran ARMA II and ARMA II: OA separately with no parameters or anything prior to trying to run the mod with parameters in?

Make sure you're launching as CO and not just as OA? I'm not really really good with this kind of stuff like LGV is' date=' but I do try and help with common fixes. :)

Also a quick question. Have you ran ARMA II and ARMA II: OA separately with no parameters or anything prior to trying to run the mod with parameters in?

[/quote']

I ALWAYS launch as CO, not OA, but no to be honest I haven't tried using Arma2: Free on its own, only OA. I've redownloaded both of them and I'm following LVG's guide.

EDIT: LVG'S guide didn't work, I tried a different one and it did, although I cant open my action menu and i get the error "no entry bin/config.bin/cfgweapons" although that seems quite common.