William_Munny

Balota Airfield

I've been playing for a little over a week now and really really enjoying this mod. I've heard people talking about the airfield at Balota as a good source for weapons and loot but every time i go there I can't seem to find much if anything.

Is this because of the latest update or? Oh and is there a way to get inside the medical tents with all the deer stands?

Its because MANY players loot it, and unless your lucky to go to it right when the loot spawns, everything good will be taken.

And theres a way in the medical tent area, I think the entrance is alongside the road somewhere.

Well the airfield get looted many times, almost everyone takes his chance there! So could be kinda "overlooted"! :D

And jeah the tents, if u crawl from the site where the street passes the tents u can go in there just "v" over the fence there!

Balota is looted by many ppl because is the neareast airport.. that's why you won't find anything good. You can enter the camp opening the gates on the east side, or jump (v) the fences at north.

I must admit recently when i go to balota i dont seem to find much either. As for the tents, dont bother they dont spawn anything. Just check the deer stands in the corners of the camp. There are three entrances. The front with gates and 2 small areas around the edge with no barbed wire. You will have to vault the sanebags.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Perhaps It would be best to go north then and loot some smaller towns and see what I can find.

Balota is looted by many ppl because is the neareast airport.. that's why you won't find anything good. You can enter the camp opening the gates on the east side' date=' or jump (v) the fences at north.

[/quote']

I've found AKS, AKM, AKkobra, M16, M4, G17 1911 grenades and more all at that airfield (With out farming it) over about a dozen or more trips to the field during my plays....

As a fellow noob, I can assure you there is good stuff there.

Of my 5 visits to balota:

-it was empty twice.

-It had a bandit who shot me in the face when I walked in unarmed.

-I found an akm in the tower (and then also a DMR in one of the deer stands!!!)

-I found nothing at the airfield, but then found an MP5, a M16A2, and a coyote backpack in the deer stands! (although I also nearly got shot by another bandit, but I managed to keep my head low after he missed the first time, and the zombies charging him made him have to move on)

I know that I"ve gotten really lucky, but it does prove that there is good stuff there. One thing I will say though, is that it is such a high traffic area that I don't recommend going there if you have already found anything you aren't willing to lose. A trip to Balota is like a gamble with the devil. You might come out way ahead or you might end up dead. :P