CommanderBoiled

disappearing corpses - different version exploit?

Date/Time: 06-24, about 11 pm middle european time

What happened: corpse of a killed survivor disappeared instantly after he died

Where you were: nw airfield

What you were doing: looting barracks

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Timeline of events before/after error:

i was looting in nw airfield barracks and suddenly surprised another looter. he had some decent equipment like coyote backpack and m4a3 cco. i killed him with 4-5 shots of my g17 in his head - he died instantly but in the same second when i hit the ground he was dragged down into the ground (just like an animal disappears after its meat was looted or like a zombie corpse disappears after you klick "hide body). so i wasnt able to loot his corpse at all. sadly i dont remember his name and the server i was on.

Same happened to my corpse, and my victim's corpse. I demand my loot back 3:<. Anyways, saw that bug like 4-5 times for an hour on different servers.

I see this only when the player disconnects or alt+f4. Is it a bug? Yes, caused by the player you killed.

Rocket is working on a fix for these DCers.

Date/Time: 25 Jun 2012/7:50 EST

What happened: I could hear flies inside a barn. Found nothing and went outside the fence area and looked up and saw an Alice pack suspended in air. I was able to take the Alice pack. Was then shot before I could get screenie. Suspect another player was also shot and the body despawned and left the Alice pack suspended in the air.

Where you were: Medium yield building near three valleys

What you were doing: Prone and crawling.

what i think has happened is a similar thing to me. me and my friend were in berzino and he died and i managed to survive however he disconnected and left the server and re spawned in a different server before i could find his body, and his body disappeared i could hear the flys however it was gone.

i think its something to do with the fact that everything in connected to the hive so when they died and switch servers the dead body might also switch servers or something along the lines of that. because he didn't respawn until he switched the server.

not 100% sure more testing needs to be done. so don't blame or flame me for being wrong just guessing.

This happened twice within the past few hours on the same server. I saw someone sniping other people, and over voice comms I walked my friend in his direction. As soon as he shot the guy he disappeared. He could hear flys, but nothing could be picked up and the body was gone. Then my friend fell through a rail about 30 minutes later and died (about a 8 foot drop) and his body disappeared as soon as he despawned his body disappeared. He was at the YOU ARE DEAD screen for roughly 10-15 seconds before exiting, which is right when his body disappeared. He didnt alt+f4 or anything, and spawned back in as normal. I could hear flys but nothing to pick up.

and no, we did not "hide body" on accident.

Same issue here, and the people we killed did not disconnect afterwards.

Since the update the bodies randomly vanish in either 20 seconds or 4 minutes etc.

bodies vanish immediately after killshot if that dead man was lying right before the kill.

happens on every server

can't even check the loot, corpse flies is the only prize we got.

Had the same issue last night. Me and a buddy were in Cherno on the second floor of one of the residential buildings when we came across another survivor. Guy opens fire on us. Guy kills my buddy, I kill him. I start looting this other guys body and I'd say no more than 10 or so seconds went by and the corpses of both my buddy and this other guy both disappear simultaneously.

I've seen this aswell.

Date/Time: 26 Jun 2012/22:00~ GMT+2

What happened: I was with my 3 friends in Cherno when 2 of us got killed. The third of us plus on of us that got back quickly managed to kill the bandits but also got killed in the process. But before they died the bandits bodies had disappeared. When i arrived maybe 2 minutes later all the bodies were gone but I could here the flies. I could also hear flies in a lot of other places. No bodies to be seen though.

Where you were: By the firestation in elektro, the one by the powerplant.

What you were doing: Went up and down the nearby mountain to the Firestation.

1.7.5 with 1.7.5 server. I just wanted to say that I died in Starry sobor. My buddy survived. He waited for me there, picked up a bunch of gear off my corpse, carried it to a tent. I probably took me 30minutes to get back to where I died but when I did my corpse was still there.

Not to say that corpses don't disappear quickly anymore, but it at least seems like it's not every time.

got revenge on a bandit who killed my buddy but my leg was broken by a zombie in one hit and i went unconscious so i booked it back to the exact spot and the spot he died and no bodies were found.

My poor M14 was lost...you will be missed :(