Sign in to follow this  
The_Monk

Where are you all when I'm trying to give you stuff god damn it.

So here I am, running up and down the coast on a 25/30 server. I figure, I'll bump into someone that I can give gear too. Restore some faith in other players in the game.

DayZ2014-03-2609-02-44-729_zps99d867fa.j

You see that hat? Man walks down the street wearing that hat, you know he isn't afraid of anything.

Anyway, after about 15 minutes of constantly running up and down, I bump into one guy. First time ever playing the game. Give him an assault vest, pristine UN helmet (ballin), food/meds/drink/can opener. Chat for a while, seeing only one other guy getting chased by the locals. He gets scared and legs it when I kill his faithful Z followers.

From there we continued patrolling for another 30 mins or so, road/railway/hill. Trying to give someone a sporter and a double barrel. Tried two different servers of 25 players plus, the most exciting thing that ended up happening was my buddy accidentally shooting me in the face when I went to log out.

Pick up your game fresh spawns, let me shower you in gifts.

• Like 2

Folks don't take too good to generous strangers in these parts, friend.  :huh:

There's actually been a few experiments in real life where people have tried to give away stuff (Including money) in the street........... You'd be suprised how many people walk away thinking it's some kind of gimmick/trick.

So here I am, running up and down the coast on a 25/30 server. I figure, I'll bump into someone that I can give gear too. Restore some faith in other players in the game.

DayZ2014-03-2609-02-44-729_zps99d867fa.j

You see that hat? Man walks down the street wearing that hat, you know he isn't afraid of anything.

Anyway, after about 15 minutes of constantly running up and down, I bump into one guy. First time ever playing the game. Give him an assault vest, pristine UN helmet (ballin), food/meds/drink/can opener. Chat for a while, seeing only one other guy getting chased by the locals. He gets scared and legs it when I kill his faithful Z followers.

From there we continued patrolling for another 30 mins or so, road/railway/hill. Trying to give someone a sporter and a double barrel. Tried two different servers of 25 players plus, the most exciting thing that ended up happening was my buddy accidentally shooting me in the face when I went to log out.

Pick up your game fresh spawns, let me shower you in gifts.

which server do you play??  (joke im quite well off)

Edited by Drothe

Round two went better. Managed to give away a press vest, UK assault vest, Double Barrel, Sawn Off, lots of UN helmets and food/meds.

On our way south, a squad of barracks rats poured out of the Three Valleys buildings and opened fire. I took a mosin hit, broken leg/arm and bleeding. Morphined and legged it while taking fire, my buddy covering me as I retreated to bandage. He took out two before eating a mosin round, I was almost away clean but an M4 round hit me in the leg again, another broken leg.

I crawled down to the beach and amongst some rocks to take cover, bandaged, then repositioned and began picking them off. I figured with another broken leg and no morphine I was dead already.

DayZ2014-03-2701-13-29-868_zpse2e5df14.j

I took out around 5 in 15 minutes. Let the fresh spawns loot the bodies, further arming the freshies that need the guns to defend themselves. Then I heard footsteps and figured I was dead. Popped up and turned around, low geared bloke crouching there. He says "Oh, it is you, you gave me this vest, do you have a broken leg I have a splint."

He gives me the splint and I'm grateful, I figure it is my time to bail. 100m away I get lit up with an M4, I fire 2 mosin rounds in his general direction before going unconcious. I think GG, well played, but 30 second later I wake up, M4 mans body in front of me. No idea if I killed him or if the freshie I had helped took him out. Wasn't hanging around to ask questions but I booked it out of there without further incident, glad I had helped freshies and taken out freshie killers.

• Like 2

I can totally relate! After about two full hours of aimlessly wandering around the beach to find some fresh spawns, I managed to find one in Solnichniy.

He asked me if I had any food so I gave him two full cans and a full cantine. We chatted a bit, he asked if he can join me, I said I'm mostly wandering to help fresh spawns, he thanked me and went on his way. A second player came right behind him, we greeted each other, I asked if he needed anything, he said no and we parted ways. As I was walking north I took a look behind my back just in case I was being followed, when i saw the first player running way fast!

At first I thought it was lag or something... that's when I saw the second player coming back. I approached him again just in case he forgot something, he just said "hey, did you see that guy? He was hacking.".

That's when I knew... I find ONE player to help, I give him what is probably considered gold for many fresh spawns, and he was a speedhacker.

Sigh.

At least I helped the second guy after getting attacked by a zombie, killed the Zed, have him bandages and a couple of cans and sodas to replenish blood. That's something...