trancetasy

waiting for server response

every servers i go on gets stuck at "waiting for server response" after creating character/loading/etc. i already went through two bags of chips while at these boring "waiting for server response" if i keep this up i might get super fat.

I have the same problem i sit for awhile and eventually get in... but when i do i see a forest and cant move, then i re spawn and can walk around.... but i have no gear and am told by other players that "you cant affect the game at all your like a ghost". people are saying it might be the main server getting like overloaded with player requests

We just hit a new record of concurrent players, the database is probably having trouble with your requests to join the game.

Indeed, for me it pretty much started yesterday. I theorize that when the character server go down even for a few secs, the game servers that were connected to it lose that connection and need to be restarted to get it back (which suck really).

Otherwise, well, if this is really only a matter of waiting.... with the 15min ish delay before you timeout and end up with no gear and stuff. thats the 9th try in a row to join a server in my case, (8 timed out, 1 to come), so im starting to strongly doubt its even possible to get past that point by waiting.

What i find sort off interesting, is that while there was just about as many people friday, i did not see those issues, and that even when i tried to play during a much lower player count time (there was actually less than 200 players on different servers), i still couldnt get past the waiting except on servers freshly restarted.

I have exactly the same as what SamA described above. Acutally, I think EVERYONE has the same problem, but most people don't even get to the "debug forest" (that's what I heard people calling it) because the "waiting for a server response" takes about 10-15 minutes

Also, It is very hard to find a server, as every server is full. To join one, I had to get a random server and bash enter for about 5 minutes until I slipped in.

Try joing a EU server or other popular all most full servers they are quick and easy to get it they are just full most of the time but with some time you can get in and you will join quickly

Well, that's just the problem, all this was both on EU and US servers in my case