Sign in to follow this  
philjksn

One hit kill punch to the head?

So either I just got killed by a hacker with one single punch to the face or I'm somehow the most unlucky person ever...

Spent the past 2 hours looting on a random server with a friend, got session lost just outside Elektro in one of those barns, so my friend leaves and I join another full-ish server (30/40ish). I spawn, assess my surroundings and take two steps out of the barn, when a newspawn looking guy comes running towards me at what seems like a ridiculous pace, and with a single punch to my head (upon which I'm wearing a pristine biker helmet), he manages to kill me before I can draw my pistol.

Now I've been knocked out before from a punch to the head, but never with a pristine helmet on and never been killed immediately... hacks?

Can't even spawn anywhere near Elektro to try and retrieve my stuff.

tl;dr I died.

I'm more concerned by the fact he was running faster than Usain Bolt and his fist managed to smash through my helmet and destroy my skull, but yeah, a freshie hit my head.

yeah i know helmets are supposed to stop that, but i wouldnt trust it at all, not guaranteed

if you see a freshie running towards you and your geared, you can pretty much always assume they are trying to do that exact thing, hit you in the head, and steal your gear before you can do anything

as far as you dying to it, im sure it glitched or something, ive had some stupid deaths before that seem unreal, which is where the "STFU THIS IS ALPHA" comes in

Edited by goodc420

Normally a biker helmet is a really good protection against fists. Without helmet you can get unconscious with one hit, but usualy it takes muuuuuch more to get killed even without helmet. Yeah, Sounds suspicious...........

Edited by lauda

It's either suspicious, or he was stood punching me for about 30 seconds whilst my character was still joining the server or something. I'm not even that annoyed about losing my m4 and pistol, it's the bikers jacket I'm gonna struggle to replace :(

• Like 1

Hm, when you see "Please wait" on your screen you are already visible on the server and ready to get killed. But you said that you saw that guy running towards you?

Anyway, in many cases you simply can´t be sure if you got simply killed, hacked or bugged. There are hackers, that´s for sure, but also many problems that are caused directly or indirectly by the unfinished game. Don´t think about it too much, you would have died anyway eventually :-)

Do you have post processing off? Possible your health was very close to Zero and you have never gotten any indication that you was low on health, in that case a saline bag won't save you. The only way to regain health is to eat and drink very well obtaining a healing status.