Sign in to follow this  
golthrim

What im i doing wrong ?

So i love the premise of the game and i dont mind the new fast zombies but im having big problems looting.

The last 7 hours of my game time has followed exactly the same pattern. I spawn a fresh Bambi on a pretty low populated server 5-10 players max. I hydrate easy with closets pond and i start looting houses.

Lots of houses. Both inland and at the coast. Both in cities and in small villages. Im talking hundreds of them but not ONE single piece of loot is to find. No rotten food, no good food. No gear. No weapons. I search every nook of every building i see before going to the next but nothing. And after like 1 hour of playing i die of hunger.

Change to a new server and it all starts again, hydrate no problem, super fast Zed, no problem just outrun them, but where is the loot?

Search another hundred buildings but nothing and then starve to death.

Change to a new low populated server and same story again. Im now at my 8:th try on a new server but im starting to have problems motivate myself to continue this endless marathon of starving to death, what im i doing wrong? 

I want to love this game but it feels like its doing everything it can to make me hate it, when i played it some months ago i never had this problem, after a few hours of looting i usually had at least some food and some means of protection, not much but at least so i dident starve to death but now i starve to death every single game!?

Im really afraid that im going to get so boored of this game that gives me zero rewards per hour spent that when it finaly reaches beta i have found other ways to spend my somewhat limited gametime.

Please help me like this game again, what im i doing wrong?

• Like 1

The coast and local buildings always get looted as soon as a server starts. i tend to run uphill and get good look at where i am. then target towns that look untouched, ie closed doors zombies present. Learn the look of buildings too certain ones spawn better gear, police station,fire,school hospital. police station is the easiest to spot as it has almost a lighthouse look on the roof. Youll lmost certainly find drink food and a weapon in a police station.

• Like 3

You are not doing anything wrong. Its just there isnt respawning loot yet. People raid those houses and there will be loot after restart. Maybe those servers have not restarted in a while? Never give up, you will get loot :). It was hard for me at start.

• Like 2

The coast and local buildings always get looted as soon as a server starts. i tend to run uphill and get good look at where i am. then target towns that look untouched, ie closed doors zombies present. Learn the look of buildings too certain ones spawn better gear, police station,fire,school hospital. police station is the easiest to spot as it has almost a lighthouse look on the roof. Youll lmost certainly find drink food and a weapon in a police station.

Ok but like i wrote i tried this as well, half the time i run straight inland looting every building i find until i starve to death and i never find loot anymore, how come it wasent like this a month ago ? Have something changed in the game? Havent found a single Policestation or Firestation or school or hospital before i starve to death so that way ill never learn where they are coz i die before i find them, its kind of a moment22 going on here....

Edited by golthrim

Well, if you cant find hospitals, police stations etc , you need to learn the map bit more. Learn where you spawn and figure where these end game gear holding buildings are. May help in future ;)

What you are doing ok:

1. spawn in a low populated server: this will increase your chances of finding loop.

2. hydrate really fast

3. not whine about the new zombies

What can be improved:

1. check if the house has the doors opened. if so, don't bother with looting the house or the town. There is a high probability that someone was already there and you are just wasting time.

2. loop only food-houses, and weapon houses. 

- housev2_05 it's a wooden house with some blue paint on it. In the kitchen you'll find a lot of food.

- read brick house - weapon and in kitchen 2 food items

- house with piano - weapon and food items

3. at first you don't need a backpack because you will eat all will find.

If you are spawned in east cost region try to go to Msta, Staroye, Dolina, Polana

if you are spawned in west cost region ( near elecro ) try to go in balota via Dubky and Novoselky and then go to Komorovo - Kamenka - Povlovo.

• Like 1

I go North or East to begin with unless spawing in Electro,check all hgouses that are made of brick as they usually have the best chance at loot.Also the large Mansion looking house with Bay windows similiar looking to Police stations,they usually have food and weapons.What everyone says is true,Hospitals,Police stations,Firehall towers all produce weapons and food with usually medical supplies around as well.

If the doors are open on houses most likely they have been looted,and the looter or looters may still be in town so be carefull.Once a packpack has been secured,an axe with plenty of beans and soda I head straight North and never look back.Looting is much better up North as there are less people all the time so loots - a - plenty ;)

All sound advice above,so follow it and try and try again as the game just gets easier ...once you know your way around and it takes starting over quite a few times for some to learn the game/map/loot places

Once geared up.healthy and at least some weapons I set out for airfields and militaryt bases as more of a need than anything for better clothes with more pockets,large backpacks and better weapons.I prefer the LRS on a Mosin so seek that out the most with everything else secondary.

Keep trying,it does get easier :)

• Like 1

I have to challenge the idea that all houses with doors open are empty. (unless it's a 30/40 server that is). I've found plenty of stuff in looted places near the coast, you have to remember that you can only carry so much in the begining, and a player may have dropped something useful like a baseball bat or can of food or whatever while managing their stuff.

Just have to look in the right spots OP. Also, barns with the stairs in them have food fairly often, but you can die easily from falling so be careful!

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 1

Thanx a lot for all the good advice, i will try again tonite and give the game a last chance, i do understand that the game is supposed to be hard and it should be hard to loot good weapon and such, i just wish i found a little food so i get the time to look for all the other stuff!

Well, if you cant find hospitals, police stations etc , you need to learn the map bit more. Learn where you spawn and figure where these end game gear holding buildings are. May help in future ;)

Well im trying to play the game without thirdparty mapsites. Endgear loot aint what im looking for at this stage of the game, i just wished i could find a little food so i can get the chance to learn the map by my self without map apps and such, but so far i starve to death before i get a chance to learn the map, but ill try again :)

What you are doing ok:

1. spawn in a low populated server: this will increase your chances of finding loop.

2. hydrate really fast

3. not whine about the new zombies

What can be improved:

1. check if the house has the doors opened. if so, don't bother with looting the house or the town. There is a high probability that someone was already there and you are just wasting time.

2. loop only food-houses, and weapon houses. 

- housev2_05 it's a wooden house with some blue paint on it. In the kitchen you'll find a lot of food.

- read brick house - weapon and in kitchen 2 food items

- house with piano - weapon and food items

3. at first you don't need a backpack because you will eat all will find.

If you are spawned in east cost region try to go to Msta, Staroye, Dolina, Polana

if you are spawned in west cost region ( near elecro ) try to go in balota via Dubky and Novoselky and then go to Komorovo - Kamenka - Povlovo.

THX alot m8! things are going much better now, the biggest diffrence is that i stopped looting every single house i found and spent my precious time before i die of starvation on those houses u recomended + i finaly found a airport way inland so now i got some nice weapons (dont dare to use them thou coz zed seems to spawn like crazy around gunfire :D) most of the time is better to just avoid contact, game is fun again thx a lot

THX alot m8! things are going much better now, the biggest diffrence is that i stopped looting every single house i found and spent my precious time before i die of starvation on those houses u recomended + i finaly found a airport way inland so now i got some nice weapons (dont dare to use them thou coz zed seems to spawn like crazy around gunfire  :D) most of the time is better to just avoid contact, game is fun again thx a lot

• Like 1

THX alot m8! things are going much better now, the biggest diffrence is that i stopped looting every single house i found and spent my precious time before i die of starvation on those houses u recomended + i finaly found a airport way inland so now i got some nice weapons (dont dare to use them thou coz zed seems to spawn like crazy around gunfire  :D) most of the time is better to just avoid contact, game is fun again thx a lot

No problem.

We are all survivors and help each other. At least until we get really geared up, because after that, some go PVP.

• Like 1

Hi Golthrim, welcome to the forums.  I had to stop clicking "like" on all the feedback and advice.  You only get a limited amount to use on the forums each day but all the advice on this thread is excellent.  Good luck with find the essentials. :thumbsup: