Sign in to follow this  
damonxwind

Rules to Survive By

This is my current take on a ZombieLand style set of rules for DayZ. post your own, I'd love to see them. And I can post more detailed explainations about specific rules as well, as they are supposed to be short and sweet on the rule list itself.

1. Friendlies Aren't.

2. Everyone Kills for Beans.

3. Everyone Dies.

4. You'll try so hard, and come so far. But in the end, it doesn't really matter.

5. You'll fight so hard, and lose it all. But in the end, it doesn't really matter.

6. Someone is shooting in Cherno.

7. Strength in Numbers.

8. Your Crew is established and set in stone.

9. Your Crew is family.

10. Never F*ck your Crew.

11. If your Crew becomes F*cked, it is your duty to unf*ck it. By any means necessary.

12. Your Crew's arsenal should by diverse and sensible.

13. Don't Update the Wiki.

I have always called the Zeds my 'crew' . I have them with me in large numbers a lot and like to check my six to see how many of my crew i have with me at any one time. My crew digs me.

Not trying to push my rules on anybody, they're my rules. If you roll by yourself, then you can disregard the squad/crew rules. It's for the lulz guys. gonna half to axe you to clam down.

I find it better to be alone since you have no one to worry about but yourself. More ppl = large chance of getting spotted by a lone sniper in some bushes on a hilltop.

Going to class up the joint with some historical guidelines from the master Oswold Boelcke:

1. Try to secure advantages before attacking. If possible, keep the sun

behind you.

2. Always carry through an attack when you have started it.

3. Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your

sights.

4. Always keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be

deceived by ruses.

5. In any form of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind.

6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to evade his onslaught, but fly to

meet it.

7. When over the enemy's lines, never forget your own line of retreat.

8. For the Staffel: Attack on principle in groups of four or six. When the fight

breaks up into a series of single combats, take care that several do not go

for one opponent.

1. Always try to sruvive. Whatever it takes.

2. Does not matter which way you die, glorious or stupid, you still die. This is why you should always suirvive.

3. Greed kills.

4. There is no difference between a makarov and an AS50 if you stop being cautious.

5. Better safe then sorry.

6. Life has no matter.

why not update the wiki?

Information is an advantage so don't share it I guess.

why not update the wiki?

personal reasons. What's currently there is helpful to new players, but I think that the vehicle spawns that are up there cause camping and quickly snatched vehicles. I think you should learn this game by playing it and world of mouth after a point.

It's why PvP games always have the worst communities. Sharing information or advice outside your group just makes potential enemies stronger. Same with reporting exploits, why surrender an advantage?

It's why PvP games always have the worst communities. Sharing information or advice outside your group just makes potential enemies stronger. Same with reporting exploits' date=' why surrender an advantage?

[/quote']

Why compete against others who simply lack knowledge instead of besting them at skill? Everyone should know the basics of the game, it's features and rules. From there, it's an exercise in skill and tactics, not pub-stomping.