Sign in to follow this  
Rocketlolzcptr

Server Nukes dont matter

title states all Rocket dose not care about hackers, same hacks have been used for weeks now, hundreds of servers nuked and still nothing, hell even the mods are not even looking any more.

I hope they put a stop to this. I'm afraid to even play right now.

You are not alone with your fear of even logging into play. It's no biggy to die to bandits or a zombie, or lose everything from a wipe, but this Nuke shit is real low blow.

I can only speak for my server but we are working hard to keep these morons from comming back.

After every nuke we ban the asshole responsible pretty quickly (it is easy to spot on the logs). We also forward the evidence on to the required parties.

Server admins need to do their part.

they are arma II hacks once arma II patchs its exploits perhaps they wont be available in the mod LOL

I don't worry about it for a second. I'm here to have fun.

If I just want to cling to gear, I can play another game, or build something in Arma II with all the gear I could want.

\/ \/ (see below)

If I just want to cling to gear' date=' I can play another game, or build something in Arma II with all the gear I could want.

\/ \/ (see below)

[/quote']

Oh come on, you dont get annoyed when some little fucken kid gets jealous and kills everyone with a shitty script?

Whatever about dying to a player or zed that i just part of the game but dying to a script kiddie when you were somewhere safe etc.. is bullshit. I lost a bus and a tonne of gear thanks to some little shite.

Yeah' date=' dont get attached to your gear in this mod. Common sense.

[/quote']

Whats that got to do with hackers nuking servers?

someone with a nuke script please jump onto ANZ1-4 so I can see wtf it is using. So far we haven't had any and I feel left out :(

OH NO! Dont tempt fate cm. You should be happy us aussies dont have to put up with hacking ;)

If I just want to cling to gear' date=' I can play another game, or build something in Arma II with all the gear I could want.

\/ \/ (see below)

[/quote']

Oh come on, you dont get annoyed when some little fucken kid gets jealous and kills everyone with a shitty script?

Whatever about dying to a player or zed that i just part of the game but dying to a script kiddie when you were somewhere safe etc.. is bullshit. I lost a bus and a tonne of gear thanks to some little shite.

They're plugging the holes as fast as they can... I'm sure that there are priorities, and since this is, in essence, a testing phase, it's enough to acknowledge that the hacks are there and catalog what's being done for the next ban wave.

I've been lucky, it's never happened to me. Lost a tonne of gear this morning, though, because I was prone in the wrong place. CRUNCH. YOU ARE DEAD.

Goodbye Alice, goodbye Bizon and two clips. Goodbye rangefinder..

But I'd just found them on another guy's dead body... who probably got nailed by the same buggy terrain geometry :O

someone with a nuke script please jump onto ANZ1-4 so I can see wtf it is using. So far we haven't had any and I feel left out :(

Lol, yeah don't tempt fate cm. I was playing on the GON servers yesterday(ausarma ones were full) and someone was nuking the cities, so they might not be that far away.

Players spontaneously dying at random intervals is a game feature that they need to keep. People surviving more than a few days is complete BS, since they just wind up collecting gear and stuff which helps them survive even longer; wtf is the point of that?

I say keep these hacks around to balance the game and keep the players from getting any sort of satisfaction from the mod.

Players spontaneously dying at random intervals is a game feature that they need to keep. People surviving more than a few days is complete BS' date=' since they just wind up collecting gear and stuff which helps them survive even longer; wtf is the point of that?

I say keep these hacks around to balance the game and keep the players from getting any sort of satisfaction from the mod.

[/quote']

I'm digging it.

Random air strikes FTW.

As some pointed out, it's an alpha version of a game. Of course it's more annoying to die from a script kiddie than by a bandit sniping somewhere but why care, just rejoin the server and start over. You don't lose anything of actual value.

Its not about being attached to gear/items. Its about fair play, being out played by someone else on a level playing field or not playing well enough and dieing to Zeds, hell even dieing to a glitch or bug in Arma2 or with the Dayz mod is fair enough, alpha and all that. Dieing because i logged onto a server and through no other action i took is just fucking lame and a waste of time.

Those of you that think people are pissed because they lost gear need to get their head out their ass! Its about fair play and consequences of their actions while playing. Not just because they logged in.

Random gear resets would probably do more for fair play than just about anything else.

But anyway, I'm sure this will be plugged as soon as it can be.

The more people who use the hack the more information on how they did it. With more information on how it's done it's easier to patch and prevent from happening again, so I guess it isn't ALL bad that it isn't fixed yet. I was only in a server being nuked once and I survived for some reason lol.

Its not about being attached to gear/items. Its about fair play' date=' being out played by someone else on a level playing field or not playing well enough and dieing to Zeds, hell even dieing to a glitch or bug in Arma2 or with the Dayz mod is fair enough, alpha and all that. Dieing because i logged onto a server and through no other action i took is just fucking lame and a waste of time.

Those of you that think people are pissed because they lost gear need to get their head out their ass! Its about fair play and consequences of their actions while playing. Not just because they logged in.

[/quote']

This represents how I feel.

I can only speak for my server but we are working hard to keep these morons from comming back.

After every nuke we ban the asshole responsible pretty quickly (it is easy to spot on the logs). We also forward the evidence on to the required parties.

Server admins need to do their part.

And how exactly do you know who it is? Seeing as how I was on a server with the admin and dayz server dev they couldn't even tell exactly who caused it. It shows nothing in the logs but errors. If you are just banning the last person that joined, you sir are banning the wrong people.