l_millz

Error message when i try to join any Day Z server

So i just purchased Arma 2: operation arrowhead yesterday. Whenever i attempted to open a Day Z server i will get the error message- You can not play/edit this misson; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. I downloaded all of the pieces of the mod and correctly extracted them into the proper folder. I can post a screen shot of what it looks like if need. Help?

If you want to play the mod, you'll need both Arma II : OA AND Arma II or Arma II: free.

Its okay if i just download the beta version of Arma II?

Its okay if i just download the beta version of Arma II?

I'm not sure if that will work properly. You'd be better off with Arma II : Free.

What is the exact error message at the end ?

If it says 'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.' you installed the mod incorrectly.

If it says "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" make sure you launch the game as 'Combined Operations' and NOT 'Operation Arrowhead' when launching from STEAM.

See this thread for more details: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2085

Make sure your when your installing the folder names are correct the first being @DayZ then the folder inside that one is Addons ... make sure you have the S i forgot it the first time and it will not let the mod work with out it

and i dont think the beta will work you need to either purchase the game or download the free one

I'm having the 'You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.' problem but my thing is that when I go to the Dayzmod website to download the files it downloades as just files and not anything that is extractable. Anyone know if the sites files are broken at the moment?

You need to extract the files with a program like WinRaR, the files should have .pbo extension once they are extracted.

I've got the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" error and no matter what I've attempted it has failed to correct the problem.

Yes, I run the game as combined operations instead of arrowhead on steam.

Yes, the launch options is correct.

Yes, the mod has been extracted correctly as it also says "dayz" on the right.

What am I doing wrong?

You can download WinRar from the official website Trevorz. Just do a quick Google search.

Capsup, are you using steam versions of Arma 2 AND OA? Is the game working fine without the mod ? Try playing a mission or two in singleplayer just to be sure.

You can download WinRar from the official website Trevorz. Just do a quick Google search.

Capsup' date=' are you using steam versions of Arma 2 AND OA? Is the game working fine without the mod ? Try playing a mission or two in singleplayer just to be sure.

[/quote']

I use ArmA 2 free as standalone and OA on steam. Singleplayer works perfectly. Both games have been ran and they work just fine.

1) Go to your Arma 2 folder, copy the addons folder and paste it inside the OA folder.

2) Follow the instructions on how to set up @Dayz files in the main OA folder form here http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2085&pid=19241#pid19241

3) Start OA, go to expansions and enable @dayZ and Arma2

I don't have Arma 2: Free myself but these guidelines should work. You will lack hi-res textures and may experience bugs if you are using the free version though.