Sign in to follow this  
TX_

Zombies with loot

spawning them actually ON the zed and having it be removed when the player removes it is what they were talking about, and what it sound's like your talking about.

and that dev blog was probably 5+ months ago, I don't remember exactly when, so I can't find it.

Thanks for clarifying, that indeed sounds like it could be a lot of trouble. I guess the backpack zombie is out of question then, unfortunately! For some other clothes it could still work though (pants, shirts) as in you couldn't see the clothing item on the Z so it wouldn't have an impact on the performance that much (like soda cans etc). It's a shame though, would really like to see some special item carrying zombies!

Thanks for clarifying, that indeed sounds like it could be a lot of trouble. I guess the backpack zombie is out of question then, unfortunately! For some other clothes it could still work though (pants, shirts) as in you couldn't see the clothing item on the Z so it wouldn't have an impact on the performance that much (like soda cans etc). It's a shame though, would really like to see some special item carrying zombies!

I bet backpacks will make it in, if Breaking point could do it. What i think people wanted and they shot down was stripping zeds of all their clothes.

:)

It's the way it should be!

"Prey" should fear "predators". And if currently we are not very afraid of them, at least confrontation should be avoid since nothing good will come out.

Good point, I guess it depends on the kind of zombies they want to have in the game. They could be slow, dumb and dangerous only in huge hordes (the classic old-school zombie) or fast, vicious zombies that are always a huge threat (the modern zombie we've come to see in L4D, 28 days later etc). I think the mod had pretty predatorous zombies so that's what they are probably going for in SA as well.

Still, I think zombies with loot (and on rare occasions also with very useful loot) would bring variety to the game play, for instance if you'd want to play a sole survivor who is committed to cleansing the infestation, you would have a bit more incentive to do so. It's a balancing issue, with too much / too good loot the Zs become prey, and I wouldn't like that either :)

I bet backpacks will make it in, if Breaking point could do it. What i think people wanted and they shot down was stripping zeds of all their clothes.

That would be great - didn't know BP already has it. Ugh, please no zombie stripping.. good call from the devs.

That's a diferent topic...

ORLY? We are in the thread of "ZOMBIES WITH LOOT".

It would mean zombies with loot. THATS WHAT THE THREAD IS CALLED. /rant