Sign in to follow this  
dayy

Hoards/Tactical Zeds

First things first, no, I do not mean that zombies carry around SWAT gear and tactically take down us all.

My idea is simple, we have a certain type of zombie that is slightly smarter than most, essentially, it's a leader. These

zombies would be seen leading hoards of other zeds, these leaders could be identified by some kind of different skin,

and would be somewhat stronger and taller than the rest. If one of these 'leader zeds' were to sense you, it would

cause the others in the hoard to track you as well. If the hoard got close they would then attempt to sort of circle you,

and attack in a synchronized type of method. In addition to this, say one of these leaders had you in their sights for a

total of maybe...45 secs, it would let out a shriek, calling the other zeds in a 0.4-1 mile radius to gather near it. If the

'leader' is killed, the zeds in the hoard would just wander off.

I feel this idea would be cool to see, but it isn't well put together (didn't want to forget it), thoughts?

Edited by Tumbleweed707

I could agree with this Tumble but maybe have the horde retain some intelligence for a minute or two instead of just wandering off?

• Like 1

I could agree with this Tumble but maybe have the horde retain some intelligence for a minute or two instead of just wandering off?

Yes! Or maybe they could stay in a group for a few mins, and slowly dissipate. 

Thank you, especially for remembering me :P, offer for joining my clan is still on the table.

Anyone else, any opinions on this idea, please refrain from screaming bloody murder as many people like to do towards new ideas....

Edited by Tumbleweed707
  • Like 1

killing th leader and the "group" suddenly wandering off means there is some sort of telepathic link...

disagree. maybe flesh it out a bit more.

I respect your idea, but IMO zombies are braindead, rotting pieces of meat, so no they should not have leaders or the ability to follow one to begin with. Hordes would be great tho, something in the style of L4D, meaning there could be 100s of them!

I like parts of your idea, but dislike others so going to pull parts from it a bit for a similar one. Obviously zombie hordes are a must and the devs have said they are planned for the game. How many? I'm not sure but I imagine one or two roaming around the server for performance and gameplay balance, ontop of the zombie count they plan to have generally in towns and cities. 

As for the leader idea (this is what I don't really agree with), it's a little too fictional, however parts of your idea for it have promise. Different skin and heights are a little...almost cliche, and would make things a little too easy for people over time to distinguish which is the leader and kill it. Height of the zombie probably won't happen as it would mean changes in the animation rig and skeleton, which could lead to issues with broken animations and stretching. 

However what I do like from the idea is zombies attracting the attention of others with some kind of shriek or groan, similar to ones they already make. But I think it would be better for any zombie to do that when it gets alerted, alerting the zombies around it and nearby causing them to turn and head in your direction and if they gain sight, to then chase you too rather than just having one or two. This could mean half a town could end up heading in your direction, without you necessarily knowing depending on how focused or distracted you are with looting the town, and cause for rather tense and zombie related situations. Zombies will become a bigger threat with mini hordes following you around town, and also just generally increase their intelligence and perception of realism.  

Edited by Yorkie065