Sign in to follow this  
jkeith26

Hunting for sport

I think I've become a DayZ serial killer. I started my current character about a week ago and ended up taking out a couple of guys (kill or be killed) type situations and got some good gear. Since then I've become heavily invested in this character far more than any I've been before. I came very close to dying a few days ago from a lucky swipe from some random zombie in a building that broke my legs and knocked me out, but luckily at 3000 blood I put a bullet in his head and somehow survived. A few boars later I was back at full blood. I've gone from the west coast to stary to the airfield (picked up some NVGs there) and found a crashed helicopter west of stary. Got myself a silenced Bizon and camo clothing. Right now I'm rocking my DMR, PDW, Bizon and plenty of food and water and have slowly made my way back to the coast. For the last week I've had 2 murders to my name. In the last hour I've added 8 to that (plus 2 disconnects that didn't count).

I guess I'm wondering what the general opinion is on shooting without looting? I've only looted one of the last 8 I've killed (needed painkillers), but otherwise, my only rules are that I don't shoot unarmed people. Normally I play this game very friendly, but I like to imagine that this particular character has gone crazy and has become some mad sniper stalking the treelines above the major cities. Felt particularly guilty today taking out 3 survivors who were climbing the tower of the Elektro powerplant. 3 people one behind the other. One of the bodies actually fell on his mate below him...

I think I've become a DayZ serial killer. I started my current character about a week ago and ended up taking out a couple of guys (kill or be killed) type situations and got some good gear. Since then I've become heavily invested in this character far more than any I've been before. I came very close to dying a few days ago from a lucky swipe from some random zombie in a building that broke my legs and knocked me out' date=' but luckily at 3000 blood I put a bullet in his head and somehow survived. A few boars later I was back at full blood. I've gone from the west coast to stary to the airfield (picked up some NVGs there) and found a crashed helicopter west of stary. Got myself a silenced Bizon and camo clothing. Right now I'm rocking my DMR, PDW, Bizon and plenty of food and water and have slowly made my way back to the coast. For the last week I've had 2 murders to my name. In the last hour I've added 8 to that (plus 2 disconnects that didn't count).

I guess I'm wondering what the general opinion is on shooting without looting? I've only looted one of the last 8 I've killed (needed painkillers), but otherwise, my only rules are that I don't shoot unarmed people. Normally I play this game very friendly, but I like to imagine that this particular character has gone crazy and has become some mad sniper stalking the treelines above the major cities. Felt particularly guilty today taking out 3 survivors who were climbing the tower of the Elektro powerplant. 3 people one behind the other. One of the bodies actually fell on his mate below him...

[/quote']

I think this is pretty normal. There's something primal and thrilling about besting another human being in what's basically a super raw way.