whisky

Server Response

Well in trubleshoot forum no one answers.

I think in here will be the best place to post it.

Yesterday I had no problem playing.

Had fun and sh*t.

Today when I wanted to commentery it well, all European and the area is full.

The USA servers stuck on the "Waiting fot server response".

When I talk to players in several servers, 90% (not kidding) were stuck on this massage.

After that either they see trees, and several seconds later they DC.

Or they just spawn at this wierd plain with nothing and many many wierd looking player or NPC's just standing.

PLEASE, look at this and FIX IT!

The exact same problem for me.. This is only on alpha testing? When will it be fixed you reckon?

That's the thing with Alpha testing' date=' you get things like this.

Be patient :)

[/quote']

The problem is that yesterday it worked.

Today it won't.(little rhyme there)

The problem is that yesterday it worked.

Today it won't.(little rhyme there)

Welcome to the world of Alpha testing :)

This is only on alpha testing? When will it be fixed you reckon?

Yes its only a very early alpha stage atm. It'll be fixed if and when it can be.

Till then be patient and keep re-trying. Works for me :)

Try having a book sitting next to your computer

I've had the same problem this morning. Normally when this happens after I try 2-3 servers I eventually get one that works, but this morning I tried, no joke, probably 12-13 servers and none would work so I eventually gave up.

The other problem is that all the EU servers (80-90 ping for me) are all full.

So I tried US ones, but ping jumped and reached 210 ping so I got the problem of "Reciving Data" for no kidding 20 minutes.

And the ones that does work stuck on the "Waiting for server response".

wasted 3 today trying to connect. Even had a laptop up here to read forums. even they are slow.

It is no wonder really ^^ The massive influx of players during the last two weeks and the mod being alpha... Not a good cocktail xP

The servers properly can't handle the stress :) so let's all be patient and test when we can ^^

- Whitey

I've wasted two hours this evening... giving up now.

Also been trying for 2 hours.

It is becoming unplayable unless you can stay up all night and play during the night

Out of all the issues affecting the game ATM, I'd say this is the biggest. I understand it's Alpha, and I'm not crying about it (though I'd like to). I just think this should be the #1 issue to fix. All the other bugs are nuisances, this bug stops people from playing / testing the game.

I just hope they take this issue serious, and work to fix it before they mess with anything else. I've loaded into many servers where just about everyone is sitting around waiting to play.

The problem is that most people don't seem to have the slightest bit of patience. If it says "waiting for server response" that means that your request cannot be handeled at the moment because there are a lot of others. Leaving the server and reconnecting or connecting to another only makes matters worse since it creates new requests to the server.

I was on a couple of servers waiting for the server to respond and I observed people connecting and disconnecting so fast that a chat message that had more than 4 words in it couldn't be read before it disappeared. This is not helping. Constantly connecting and reconnecting causes more traffic and eventually might even crash the server. This problem is known to the people who are familiar with the armaverse and I would advise admins to close their server after a while to prevent the constant switching of servers and to allow the server to handle the existing requests. PR:A2 did use this successfully to allow stable game sessions.

The motto is: If you want to play stay (and wait a bit). Have patience.

Some servers will do it while some wont. It may be related to server uptime. As in they haven't been restarted in a while. I was on Chicago 5 last night. I had no problems getting in. I got in game in maybe 1 minute. There were 12 zombies spawned. Most guys sat at the Waiting for server to respond.

Things to try.

Sometimes I abort, disconnect, now at the slot selection screen (Blufor), then hit OK again to DL the mission and recieve data again. I've had it work and not work so i would just try it once then move on after too long of a wait.

Make sure you start Steam as Administrator. Or run ARMA:CO as Administrator.

Update your Battleye .DLLs.

I honestly don't believe it's a matter of the server you're playing on. I think it's the server that handles the player data. That server can't handle the requests because there are SO MANY servers with DayZ. It has to save player information from all the players currently playing (tons of full servers) every ~100-150 seconds while handling requests for character files and all sorts of stuff.

Please beef up the player database or limit the number of public servers available to play on. Or is there some really bad netcode going on in the background that can be fixed?

Out of all the issues affecting the game ATM' date=' I'd say this is the biggest. I understand it's Alpha, and I'm not crying about it (though I'd like to). I just think this should be the #1 issue to fix. All the other bugs are nuisances, this bug stops people from playing / testing the game.

I just hope they take this issue serious, and work to fix it before they mess with anything else. I've loaded into many servers where just about everyone is sitting around waiting to play.

[/quote']

Right now, just hang tight. The Developers are aware of the issue, as well as other issues, and are currently working to resolve them, start with the highest priority, which is the issue you are all experiencing right now.

Yesterday it was ok.

Right now no one can join the game.

I tryed almost every server. People are sitting in chat, looking at black screens, waiting for response. Some of them are happy and spawn in a "forest".

I've lost several hours trying to join the game.

I noticed on the hive that people seem to encounter this issue because the hive starts to encounter MySQL errors. I restarted the hive on my server and it seemed to solve the issue temporarily.

I try the EU servers and if they dont work i just go try an american server. they arnt in as much demand at the time i play and seem i easily find one without the waiting for server response.

its only like an extra 50 ping for me,

The servers are overloaded captain, she canna' hold!

We've probably got thousands more recruits on the way now that Day Z has received coverage from more publications like PC Gamer and Rock Paper Shotgun. If any of us can get on during the weekend I will be shocked - SHOCKED!

The exact same problem for me.. This is only on alpha testing? When will it be fixed you reckon?

People really outta be more aware that this is a full fledged ALPHA. There will be problems.

Explanation:

The main server which send/receives stats, gets where the player is stood and their inventory, etc.

This server is overloaded badly because the developers didn't intend on this many players on the mod, their fore, don't have a good enough VPS/Dedicated server to handle the connections.

If you want this to stop I'd recommend donating so that they can afford a better/faster server to keep up with the connections. And stop complaining in game as well, the devs are working hard at this issue, plus they're not making a profit from this mod which is why donating would help.

And remember kiddies, It's still in Alpha, a pre Beta state which is not the final version. Basically a tech demo. More than likely, this will be fixed in time.

In the mean time, go Donate! :D