Danp1121

Talking in Day Z

I searched for this topic and didn't find anything that addressed this...so here it goes..did not play MOD...

I'm a bit confused why I try to communicate through direct chat, both typing and through headset and can never get a response. Is there a certain range that players need to be before they can hear you or see what you type? Maybe it's just that no one has been responding but I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Which commands should I be using to global type or global talk to players? Any help is appreciated.

caps lock is to talk. Maybe they just want to kill you lol. You CANNOT talk to global in SA.

caps lock is to talk. Maybe they just want to kill you lol. You CANNOT talk to global in SA.

So how close do you have to be to someone for them to hear you?

Yes, like 100 meters or closer. Probably closer. And atleast for me it is very quiet. (the closer the louder)

About 20-50 meters I think.

You get louder as you get closer.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I've also noticed that.  I did it correctly but people don't type or chat back.  I know that they hear me, though, because sometimes when I group up with some strangers, they respond (like "stop" or "let's go to this building").  Some just don't want to talk (voice chat or type) back.

i think the hard number is 30 meters

also alot of players dont like direct chat for anything beside first contact. It can be heard by all players in that radius and you never know who is listening

Edited by Chucknorris405