why was the pistol removed when spawning?

The first zombie I see it's over for me. I literally run for miles and its still chasing me then another zombie tags along , remember I'm defenseless. Removal of the pistol was the stupidest idea ever. Doesn't matter if i spawn with or without a pistol first gun i find im still going to shoot you on sight . This ruined dayz for me . Im sure many people feel the same way.:@

Sounds like this is just not your game. It was free so you didn't lose anything so not harm in trying it right?

try running away from towns right off and getting the hell out of dodge. Then find some stands, wait for the zeds to walk around a bit, and sneak in. Guns, food, run away. Not really hard, sometimes its a little trial and error.

Have you ever played Arma2 Warfare? You can spend 10 seconds and get sniped near your base, or you can spent 25 minutes in a truck to have it blown up a mile from your destination.. or worse, you die when you get out because you're ambushed.

Its a sim, not a shooter... expect to die... a lot...

I like it better this way. Not every character I start up now is immediately successful, but so what? Gives you a taste of the death and pain that will inevitably come. You can die just as easily with a gun.