Babitz

Proposed standardized difficulty settings

Basically, what bothers me is that the vast majority of servers have third person enabled which is retarded for obvious reasons. For those of you who aren't friends with Captain Obvious, here's a video:

People use 3rd person to get a better view, without risking exposing themselves. This is in no way, shape or form realistic or fair. It's an exploit. I know a lot of people want their cinematic immersion buzzword bullshit, but this game isn't about that.

Standard Veteran difficulty without Regular difficulty crap (3rd person, crosshairs, map markers, "range finders" when pointing at stuff while having your context menu up, etc.) thrown in is just fine.

I do and it can take me quite a while to find a suitable one.

However, difficulty should be standardized, especially if you are aiming for realism and fair play. Regular difficulty gimmicks are not a part of that.

Play on expert servers. There's not many' date=' but they're there.

[/quote']

its a shame expert servers are so few compared to regular servers. I would be willing to bet that the murder rate is probably lower on an expert (3rd person off) just because you can't do exactly what this person is doing in the video.

Sitting on top of roofs, peeking around corners, even seeing prone in grass is much tougher because in most cases you have to expose yourself to see.

Sneaking around Zeds is much easier in 3rd and of course ambushing other players is a cinch.

Honestly I think a lot of people are missing out on the extra immersion 1rst person offers by playing 3rd and with a few tweaks you can change the field of view so it doesn't feel so cramped.

I'd say everyone should try expert at least once, but then the 2-3 US servers would be full :)

Most the UK servers are Veteran. As much as I'm not bothered about 3rd person mode. I do prefer crosshairs just without the nametags above it. As Veteran servers don't tend to have crosshairs. I have to stick with Regular for now. I do agree the servers should be standard and not a mix.

that vid posted above is why i will not play on servers with 3dp on. Just crap.