Dagoth Wit

To the jerks that block off loot spots with barbed wire.

I'm so glad I finally found a toolbox. I'm making it my personal mission to take every one of them down in the server i've called home. I'm sick and tired of people doing this so that they can server hop. My buddy was almost killed by zeds because he thought he could run into the control tower in NE airfield and fight them in there. He was unpleasantly surprised to find barbed wire blocking his path.

Pressing that one button to vault over it is pretty intense, I tell ya what.

Pressing that one button to vault over it is pretty intense' date=' I tell ya what.

[/quote']

Breaking your leg and going into shock is pretty intense, I tell ya what.

Pressing that one button to vault over it is pretty intense' date=' I tell ya what.

[/quote']

Some of them are unvaultable.

Plus the zombies always smack you at least once for that moment even if it does work, and that's all they need.

[/quote']

Expect when some are built correctly, and not in the ground / walls / building, You can't. Some people yap without thinking, I tell ya what.

I've never been able to take them down.

What is the trick to it?

You need to point at the middle post(I think it is the middle one, try the others if the middle doesn't work).

[/quote']

Some of them are unvaultable.

Plus the zombies always smack you at least once for that moment even if it does work, and that's all they need.

So he couldn't see the wire until he was dryhumping it? Still sounds like the problem exists with the player, not the wire.

[/quote']

except you can't vault over some of them. I think it's when it's blocking a doorway with a low ceiling

I've never been able to take them down.

What is the trick to it?

First, you need to have a toolbox. Second, point at the base of the middle post. It can be difficult when they're put in buildings because it's hard to see where the middle post is. Just keep trying until you find it.

A couple days after reopening the control tower in the NE airfield, I went back and found that someone put up another one. This one wasn't as hard to get around, but I still took it down. Anonimity + vidja games creates jerks.

I'm so glad I finally found a toolbox. I'm making it my personal mission to take every one of them down in the server i've called home. I'm sick and tired of people doing this so that they can server hop. My buddy was almost killed by zeds because he thought he could run into the control tower in NE airfield and fight them in there. He was unpleasantly surprised to find barbed wire blocking his path.

Go forth and do it..fkn retards and their wire and tank traps.

I've never been able to vault over any of them and when I first found one I tried repetitively.

Barbed Wire threads the new Bandit threads?

Main forum page.. bottom right.. ;)

To be fair, wire spools seem to be more common now. I pass them up all the time. Do you actually need a toolbox to place them? If not, I think that needs to be changed.

To be fair' date=' wire spools seem to be more common now. I pass them up all the time. Do you actually need a toolbox to place them? If not, I think that needs to be changed.

[/quote']

It just seems to be the new thing to post a RAWR thread about thats all, hence i mentioned the corner of the forum that contains the search function. :P

But on topic, even though i'd said it in about 3 of these threads already is:

Don't remove Barbed wire, tweak it.

Toolboxs should be needed to place them. Toolboxs should alsobe needed to remove quietly IMO, but make it take a little time to do, and make the hitbox to remove it a lot bigger. Also give people the option to smash them down with axes/crowbars, but make it take some time and create noise.

I'm so glad I finally found a toolbox. I'm making it my personal mission to take every one of them down in the server i've called home.

Ha, good job! I do the same exact thing. Love it. Also fun to actually hide and catch them in the act of placing it and jump out and kill them and yell NO MOAR WIRE FENCES!!!! :D

I do not see why they are even in the game yet honestly. They don't stop zombies, and are pointless if you actually were trying to build some sort of base because it would be obvious someone had some sort of camp near by once you ran across them. Instead they are only being used to block things off in main towns so people cannot get into them.

It's mixed results with the vault function, sometimes you're fine, other times you get hurt bad.

The other problem is Toolboxes are a super rare spawn compared to the wire fence. My group and I have come across one in easily 100 hours of game play.

I'm so glad I finally found a toolbox. I'm making it my personal mission to take every one of them down in the server i've called home.

Ha' date=' good job! I do the same exact thing. Love it. Also fun to actually hide and catch them in the act of placing it and jump out and kill them and yell NO MOAR WIRE FENCES!!!! :D

[/quote']

Mommy Dearest reference ftw. If I have some free time, I might actually do this. :D