Sign in to follow this  
Vadimec

Team speak range

Hi, I am relatively new to this game and only had it for about a week. I somehow learned the basics and on my current run I was finally lucky to find enough items to survive in the wilderness and avoid big cities looking for tools. (I was also very lucky to find a tent), so off I go into the north picking up ammo hoping to find good gun and set up a camp. Finally reach a really far point in the north where seems like nothing is around for a good couple of kilometres. (I also checked on the web to see if any points of interest are around) , so being pretty chuffed with my choice I set up a camp all surrounded by trees and stuff and as I am unloading spare ammo and food I hear voices of people speaking clear as day. Something like "come out or we will shoot you!" well my heart sank at that moment but without loosing my cool I though I can still try to escape. And suddenly I hear another voice swearing at the guys for killing him, and the original guys laughing at him and saying that they warned him. So it wasn't me who they were after which is good. But I don't know why I could hear their conversation. Doesn't it only appear if they are really close? (p.s. I didn't hear gun shots so either they used a silenced pistol, or melee, or they were indeed really far)

Any ideas about this? :huh:

Could be a lobby bug, Has happened to me before when a guy got killed by zombies, he said it in lobby and my friend and I could hear it while running country side.

The built-in voice chat's direct communication has 80 meter range. You might have played on a server which has enabled side channel (and disabled VON ID so you can't see who is speaking).

Info and discussion about voice and text chat here: Voice & Text Communication