Sign in to follow this  
finowns

Crashing started

So just about an hour ago my Dayz Standalone started constantly crashing - I was having some ruined stuff and ammo boxes - Shortly after that i died. Some bandid shot me with m4a1.

But... I still have same problem - I have played 140+ hours without any kind of crashing issue. I have had less than 5 crashes but now the game has crashed about 8 times after problem started.

I disabled that desktop composition.

I dont have Nvidia and you and see my specs in my profile page.

No error code has been given after crash, just that Dayz.exe stopped working.

I know that there is some other topics about this but still decided to make a new one.

Thanks.

Edit: Looks like i fixed the problem by restarting the computer and running ccleaner to remove all errors and stuff.

If someone got same problem try it. 

Edited by finowns

I had the same issue which started randomly after I've done about 100 hours or so without a single crash. I couldnt fix it - the box had hardly any software on it apart from windows, latest drivers, steam, etc. It did seem to work fine on experimental servers but going back to stable i also got "DayZ stopped responding" after about 3-5 minutes of joining a sever.

I decided to do a complete reinstall of windows since nothing else was on this pc, reinstalled dayz - i did experience one crash after about half an hour on stable, but since then it's been fine. Not sure what caused it - whether there were any updates come through last wednesday or not.

Fingers crossed she'll be right for now.

Hey and thanks for the answer =)

Reinstalling is always the last option for me, I always try to clean my system for errors and bugs before it.

But still, good work if you got it working and I hope it lasts even after todays 42.116181 patch :)

Ran into this as well today. Gonna restart and run ccleaner and see if it fixes it. I'll comment back if I works.

Haven't had any success getting it to run. Today I tried to start it up and got a message when I logged in that some weapon file was missing. I think something to do with 9mm ammo. Anyways I'm just gonna wait it out for a couple days and see if a hotfix gets released.