Sign in to follow this  
Auklin

FIX for Game Crash/Freeze after ~2min's (still able to hear sound, and still able to move, but stuck on single frame)

I fixed this for my brother's friend the other night. Apparently they have been posting it on forums and other people have had the same problem, saying it was the game's fault (which it may very well be part of it)

I'm being a good Samaritan and posting the fix.

The Problem: When playing DayZ SA, you are able to play the game normally for a couple minutes until it freezes up on you (either in the title screen or in the actual game) and makes you need to restart the game. While it is frozen, you are able to move around in game and hear the audio of you doing so. You can hear your footsteps, hear other people etc. But you are stuck on a single frame.

The Fix: We tried many things, it was only until I asked him how much RAM he had did I know what the problem was. He had 2GB of 1300mhz RAM.  (right click on My Computer, click properties, look under Memory). I tried editing many differrent settings in game, like trying to limit the game to 1gb of RAM, but it was no good. Eventually, I just gave him one of my 4gb sticks of 1866 RAM and POOF, the problem completely went away.  

Long story short, either get more RAM, or frantically search for another fix.

If you have plenty of RAM, well than I suppose this isn't going to work for you.

See ya in Chernarus

The problem has nothing to do with RAM, I'm sure of it. I've spent all day looking into the problem, and RAM was ruled out. The problem, is this issue is so random and unique I can't seem to find a single cause. Sometimes I'm able to play the game for an hour before freezing, maybe 30 min, 2 minutes, or instantly. I've messed with every game setting, tried everything, nothing works.

I'm getting this issue too, I've had to restart my game 1000 times because of it.

So I'll be playing randomly my screen displays my desktop with my I game resolution and I can hear everything ingame I can shoot and everything but I see my desk top. So I bring up task manager and click "bring dayz to frount" nothing happens still see my desk top and still hear all in-game sounds. After tiring everything I restart. Now here's where it gets frustrating. 300 second wait timer.

Dev team why have a stupid fucking wait timer when your game crashes, this is alpha that shit should only be on hardcore servers or on the full release not. Now when everything is bugged.