infinitegrim

No Spawning in "Hot Spots"

I feel that this game should introduce a system that doesnt allow players to sign out, or log in at areas that would spawn zombies. Which mean that you cannot log in by buildings.

This systems in itself would fix a few problems such as server hoppers & DC'ing during firefights(most take place in towns).

Last night me and my friends cleared the airfield and had a guy spawn in the trees next to a building and he one shotted a couple of us, which was complete BS that he could spawn right there. (After reviewing the video the zombies disappeared meaning he did spawn there)

The only thing about suggestions like this, what is the consequence to say... pulling the plug on your PC? Losing your inventory? What happens if my power goes out? How can the server tell the difference?

I thought about that, maybe it randomly places you on the map. So if someone ALT-F4's when they get shot, they wont know where they are to have their buddies help them.

It would still be favorable (to some) to alt-f4 and end up in some random place, than it would be to die. Tho it would fix the server hopping, so it's a great start.

The only thing about suggestions like this' date=' what is the consequence to say... pulling the plug on your PC? Losing your inventory? What happens if my power goes out? How can the server tell the difference?

[/quote']

This is the reason I don't even bother with the large cities or airfield because it sounds like it the Star Ship Enterprise "Beam me up Scotty" every 10 seconds.

If they can't at least stop people from spawning into an area with other players then I think the result of spawning into a hotspot area should be to immediately pull aggro on any surrounding zeds.

This range should be minimal if your outside well away from any building or loot area which is about 90% of the map where nothing would even happen, but if your inside a building then the range should be increased tremendously and they should swarm in on your ass making you priority number one.

Look at it as if your character fell asleep inside a highly enemy occupied area and when you woke up you found yourself being overrun.

If the player tries to disconnect immediately then keep his character spawned in for 1 minute so we will get to read his posts about being butt hurt (you kidz and your slang these days) and how this mod=fail and he is leaving this game along with his 10 squad buddies on these forums.

Maybe then drop the agro after death so the surrounding players don't have to get caught in the crossfire.

And for the people whose PC craps out, the server spikes, crashes, game freezes, or your mom picks up the phone with your crappy dial up....sorry it sucks, but these things shouldn't happen that often and sometimes you have to take one for the team for the greater good!

All they need to do to prevent all that is to add a ten second log out delay, then people wont risk logging out in buildings or near zombies because they couldnt just beam-out

I like this idea but have another suggestion for it. How about having hot spots around towns and cities where if the player logs out there, their character stays in game for 5 minutes. They will not be able to join another server until the 5 minutes is up or if they log back in and move their character out of the zone and log back out again. A simple small HUD icon telling the player if they are in a safe de-spawn area or not would be suffice.