Sign in to follow this  
voxzelz

backpacks, charecter models and instruction sets

Hello,

So I have over 100 hours on the dayz standalone and ive grown tired of this charecter model (I use the white one), i personally think it looks kinda ugly and I really want another cooler looking one (I am mainly talking about the faces). Maybe we can even introduce a face maker like you have in other games like MMORPGS. Anyway thats just a minor complaint I have and I suggest you guys add more faces/ models to the game.

On to the next thing is backpacks, I think there are not enough backpacks in the game at the moment and they dont look to good. The color on them is not really handy aswell, i suggest you add a more variaty of colors like black and more darker colors. I also would love to see some of the backpacks from the mod come back like the coyote backpacks and the czech backpack since these look the coolest. Maybe to solve the bright colors we should be able to spray the backpacks using black and green to create a camo. I hope for a bigger variaty of backpacks in the future.

Anyway.. Ive read some topics about how the animations look and how the charecter is holding the weapon and the accurasy of some weapons. My idea is to add the so called "instruction sets" to the game where you can find these small books or notes from military loot spawns and you can open them and read them, they would contain pictures of stances and notes on things like "hold hands on weapon here and hold elbow like this" and the player can learn from these instructions and your animation would change to a more advanced way of movement and stances. Basicly you start as a survivor and you dont know how to hold a weapon since you dont have any experience and your aim is all over the place, so you can find instruction sets like some contain more advanced stances and some are not that helpfull. You can share these sets with your friend and i think this would improve gameplay and the feel to the game dramaticly. Maybe we can have instruction sets for long range weapons, assault weapons and smaller firearms. All to improve accurasy and more army like animations.

Sorry for my grammar and thanks for reading!

-Voxel

Everything already confirmed, but not a priority atm.

Everything already confirmed, but not a priority atm.

Not a priority? they really need a way bigger team! this patch delay is getting out of hand.

Not a priority? they really need a way bigger team! this patch delay is getting out of hand.

This is an awesomely quick patch speed.

You ain't seen a patch/ update delay son.

With a bigger team the priority would be still low. And there is nothing like a patch delay.

But anyway new faces are already done and backpacks too. Not so sure about the instructions.. Dont think something like this will make it into DayZ.

• Like 1

They are working on majoer content atm, you cant have everything right now.