Sign in to follow this  
gazanimal

Mouse movement on desktop when ingame

I have a weird issue and not sure what's causing it, but here are the symptoms.

I have a 3 monitor setup but it's not used for surround video, just 3 separate screens, with the main Iiyama being the gaming screen. The other screens are used for TS, Twitch, XSplit etc

1 x 28" Hannspree

1 x 27" Iiyama

1 x 27" AOC

I run 2 x 670's in SLI using the Arma II SLI profile via nvidiainspector that powers both the Iiyama and the AOC screen. The Hannspree is connected via the onboard video (i7 2600k).

The problem is that while gaming in DayZ:SA I can see an invisible mouse pointer moving on my spare screens (it hovers over TS etc) and when I left or right-click it can activate sub-menu's or even highlight something in my Taskbar or programs that are running on the spare screen. Sometimes it can kick my game back to desktop.

It's almost like I'm running Fake Full Screen, which is basically Fullscreen Windowed mode but I'm not as I have Windowed set to 0 in the config file.

Has anyone with multi-monitor setup come across this issue where a phantom pointer is roaming around on their spare screens?

While it doesn't stop me playing the game it's damn annoying :D

Ok found a fix by using a programme called Cursor Lock which was created to solve the exact issue I was having where the cursor would wander off onto another screen.

Works a treat.

http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/

If you only want to use one out of the three monitors without using any software, there is a quick way to disable the other two. Klick the Windows+P (at the same time) and sellect The first on left side. This should lock ur mouse on ur active monitor. I find this alot faster and easier then installing a third party software to do the job for me :)

Anywho, just a friendly tip!

Edited by Rmk82

If you're running with multiple monitors then you are probably using "fake fullscreen". Cursor Lock should see you right.