tiri

Locked/Passworded Server ? Say it here !

It looks like more server are being locked or passworded in order to keep unwanted players to connect, and since every time a server is locked, someone creates a thread, which keep people from keeping tracks about the servers that are often locked.

So, i suggest that when you see a passworded or locked server, you post it here along with a screenshot so that there is a proof.

Well my question was basically, are server admins allowed to password their servers or do they risk losing their access to the database?

Locking and passwording are 2 different things. Locking prevents people joining until the server becomes unlocked. Passwording prevents joining until the server is restarted and the config file edited.

Some servers locked temporarily to reduce the strain on Hive, although there are some that lock their server to get the best loot (which will result in loss of DB access).

There are different icons for servers that are locked, and servers that are passworded. Locked servers will have a padlock icon while the passworded servers will have a different icon.

yes very important to lock the server when it restarts after you let 10 people or so in!

then they can connect and spawn in then unlock it and repeat the same process

I locked DE4 last night after a server restart. Let about ten or fifteen people in, explained what I was doing so they could let their friends know on ts etc...

Asked them to let me know when a few ere in game.

Did it again until server was full, and they have said it was the fastest they have arrived in game yet.

Might be the way ahead after a restart.

ow Marker next time don't be an ass and but it on day time :P I was one of 50 you screwed by leaving it on nighttime before you logged off :D

kidding :P it was great you even restarted it!

Markers server is not meant to be reverse time - as I understood it, it was a couple of hours off GMT so it would eventually get night - the UK evenings are pretty light anyway until late now so not that far off - but now has been set to pure GMT, because of issues with timing - seriously if you want a daylight experience go play US servers, the ping is not that bad, I get around 100ms.

One thing to add, when you lock a server to let people in gradually it should never take more than 20 minutes tops! A lot less than that actually. Longer than that and its looking abusive! Marker did it in like 5 mins, a one and a half hour lockout as has been seen on other servers is not warranted!

When i saw you name tag there, I knew I would get abuse from you here mate..

Sorry about last night, it wasn't my intention to screw you all over, trust me if there is a way to fix this so it doesn't affect other servers in the box we will...

Don't let it put you off joining the server, as you have all seen last night i was keeping you all updated on the issues and making sure everyone got to save before I restarted the server..

Any probs bel let me know via pm. Or drop onto the ts server, details in the dayz post at OCUK..

Cheers

every time i look the: "gamezone4.net | DayZombie [RU MSK #2] (1.5.7) dayzmod.com {Russian letters i cant type} q-server/ru" is passworded. Furthermore, there has been a group of Russians terrorizing the UO server and others by fortifying areas with unnatural amounts of barbed wire and PKing anyone that gets close. they don’t even pick it up and reuse it when they relocate, they just leave it where it is and magically find more. I think they are using the passworded server to spawn equipment to attack other servers with. not only is the PKing annoying but the wire they leave everywhere causes graphical artifacts. :(

(Not a locked or passworded server but...)Me and a friend were kicked from EU14, we both assumed it may have been because we are from the U.S, is this allowed? It feels unjust considering we were already ingame and were not given any warning. This was not a ping issue, or any other type other than being in U.S. Either they kicked us for that, or it was just coincidence that we both happened to be kicked for space 3 seconds apart from eachother.

We don't kick anyone on eu14. our ping limit is 165 if you reach it auto kick.

You can't comfortably play on that ping anyway, it would be pretty laggy and get alot of desync's.

Server software removes high ping people, makes a better server for people who are close to it.

This server is currently passworded:

DayZ Bashuserve Server - New York (v1.5.8.2)

This server is currently passworded:

DayZ Bashuserve Server - New York (v1.5.8.2)

These guy's should not be given special treatment because they are streamers.

Totally agree with you Guatalian.

Rocket has done things for these guys in the past. Giving them special skins/re-lifing them after they were killed. Didn't really bug me too much but letting them have a passworded server is not cool.

Yeah. Bashurverse has been locked and passworded for a good couple hours. That needs to be changed. He is not a special snowflake.