JT111

For the love of god please fix some basic mechanics first.....

Before you tell me this game is in Alpha let me remind you the devs are working on adding cooking...COOKING.  Cooking should not even be on the table while simple yet seriously important game mechanics are so badly broken...I can put up with bugs, missing features, regular character wipes and little content but broken PVP mechanics in a game centered around survival is completely unacceptable....this is pre-alpha crap....let me explain.

Long story short....im on sniper hill with two friends, one is on the peak (top), and two of us are 1/2 way down. two players come up hill and engage our friend on top...they don't see us standing 75 yards away from them at an equal altitude from them, they are completely focused on our guy up top of hill, they are crouched, we are prone....I shoot my Mosin...hit ground in front of me...I go crouched, shoot hit ground in front of me.....I stand up...shoot, hit ground in front of me as if I was still laying down, I move left then shoot my remaining 2 shots, then a reload, then 5 more shots all go into never-never land. the friend standing next to me is shooting with his M4, open sights, in the end he shoots 54 rounds of ammo and thinks he might have hit one guy once but he didn't go down, just thinks he saw some blood....we are out of ammo and they run off un-damaged......this is complete crap. we should have tore them up.....we had complete advantage and surprise and firepower....most of our rounds should have hit them and killed them several times over...maybe I should go back to Battlefield 4, at least I can shoot a guy I'm aiming at.

Edited by JT111
  • Like 7

Before you tell me this game is in Alpha let me remind you the devs are working on adding cooking...COOKING.  Cooking should not even be on the table while simple yet seriously important game mechanics are so badly broken...I can put up with bugs, missing features, regular character wipes and little content but broken PVP mechanics in a game centered around survival is completely unacceptable....this is pre-alpha crap....let me explain.

Long story shots....im on sniper hill with two friends, one is on the peak (top), and two of us are 1/2 way down. two players come up hill and engage our friend on top...they don't see us standing 75 yards away from them at an equal altitude from them, they are completely focused on our guy up top of hill, they are crouched, we are prone....I shoot my Mosin...hit ground in front of me...I go crouched, shoot hit ground in front of me.....I stand up...shoot, hit ground in front on my as if i was still laying down, I move left my remaining 2 shots, then a reload, then 5 more shots all go into never-never land. the friend standing next to me is shooting with his M4, open sights, in the end he shoots 54 rounds of ammo and thinks he might have hit one guy once but he didn't go down, just thinks he saw some blood....we are out of ammo and they run off un-damaged......this is complete crap. we should have tore them up.....we had complete advantage and surprise and firepower....most of our rounds should have hit them and killed them several times over...maybe I should go back to Battlefield 4, at least I can shoot a guy I'm aiming at.

This has been fixed in experimental, so you should see it go to stable soon. I think they're gonna push an update on wedenesday, but that's just my hunch. 

whiner.jpgBohemia pls

Listen here buddy, you're talking as if the whole development team is working on one thing. First of all, this is not true, the team is divided into their roles. A coder is going to debug, and code features into the game such as textures, animations ,etc. A 3D modelers/artists will make, you guess it, models, and textures. What the fuck did you expect from a bare bones alpha game? A bug-free experience? An in depth survival gameplay? Nope, you know why? BECAUSE IT IS IN FUCKING ALPHA!!!! What it means is that the game is in a heavy stage of development and almost everything is subject to change. Take your cry elsewhere. 

Also, you should watch Dean's devblogs.

Oh, and before someone says that it's been a month since an update was pushed to Stable, you should be grateful. Why? Because the reason it hasn't been pushed to Stable is because game-breaking bugs called "Blockers" by the developers are in the process of being squashed. Dean "Rocket" Hall replied to a reddit post about it, here, read: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/207ueh/no_patch_today/

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 11

Maybe your just a shit aim? ever thought of that? this is a forum not a site you post your life story of missing from 75 yards away!

To many QQ

Funny how people who have no connection to the dev team whatsoever takes it so personally when someone is criticising the game.

• Like 5

whiner.jpgBohemia pls

Listen here buddy, you're talking as if the whole development team is working on one thing. First of all, this is not true, the team is divided into their roles. A coder is going to debug, and code features into the game such as textures, animations ,etc. A 3D modelers/artists will make, you guess it, models, and textures. What the fuck did you expect from a bare bones alpha game? A bug-free experience? An in depth survival gameplay? Nope, you know why? BECAUSE IT IS IN FUCKING ALPHA!!!! What it means is that the game is in a heavy stage of development and almost everything is subject to change. Take your cry elsewhere. 

Also, you should watch Dean's devblogs.

Oh, and before someone says that it's been a month since an update was pushed to Stable, you should be grateful. Why? Because the reason it hasn't been pushed to Stable is because game-breaking bugs called "Blockers" by the developers are in the process of being squashed. Dean "Rocket" Hall replied to a reddit post about it, here, read: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/207ueh/no_patch_today/

Really sick of seeing this shit. Copy-pasting the same argument over & over is fucking idiotic. I have no problem with people defending the dev team but you really look like an asskisser with this shit. 

Also, that reddit-post is ridiculous. "We love you Dean" "Don't work too hard dean" "Dean, is this enough ass-kissing for you..."

We need criticism for this game, and the devs need it even more. It's not because it's an alpha you can't criticise.

Edited by Snowball
  • Like 3

Funny how people who have no connection to the dev team whatsoever takes it so personally when someone is criticising the game.

I am just saying no need to cry all over the forum about him an his boyfriends missing guys from 75 yards lol....

Really sick of seeing this shit. Copy-pasting the same argument over & over is fucking idiotic. I have no problem with people defending the dev team but you really look like an asskisser with this shit. 

Also, that reddit-post is ridiculous. "We love you Dean" "Don't work too hard dean" "Dean, is this enough ass-kissing for you"...

We need criticism for this game, and the devs need it even more. It's not because it's an alpha you can't criticise.

We have to copy paste because people don't get it. For example, the OP's first post, a QQ thread, we have to put him in his place.

Also, I am an ass kisser, so, sir, you offend me.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 2

We have to copy paste because people don't get it. For example, the OP's first post, a QQ thread, we have to put him in his place.

Also, I am an ass kisser, so, sir, you offend me.

"we" have to put him in his place. Who is "we"? The DayZ Dev Defence...Dean? You're not on some sort of "mission" here lol

And good for you. I'd advise you to wash your mouth tough after your ass kissing activities.

• Like 2

"we" have to put him in his place. Who is "we"? The DayZ Dev Defence...Dean? You're not on some sort of "mission" here lol

And good for you. I'd advise you to wash your mouth tough after your ass kissing activities.

You talk to much.. please stop

This is what happens when you go into an ALPHA looking to play a game when you're actually just testing it.

You're right, if you want a bug free experience go back to Call of Battle whateve 10 for a bit.

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 2

This is the exact reason that stable hasn't been released yet. They want to rid it of the major bugs before introducing more content. Yet people complain about that too!  :rolleyes:

The DEVs can't ever win.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

maybe I should go back to Battlefield 4, at least I can shoot a guy I'm aiming at.

Hahahaha :D Not played that much then? :D

Long story short....im on sniper hill with two friends, one is on the peak (top), and two of us are 1/2 way down. two players come up hill and engage our friend on top...they don't see us standing 75 yards away from them at an equal altitude from them, they are completely focused on our guy up top of hill, they are crouched, we are prone....I shoot my Mosin...hit ground in front of me...I go crouched, shoot hit ground in front of me.....I stand up...shoot, hit ground in front of me as if I was still laying down, I move left then shoot my remaining 2 shots, then a reload, then 5 more shots all go into never-never land. the friend standing next to me is shooting with his M4, open sights, in the end he shoots 54 rounds of ammo and thinks he might have hit one guy once but he didn't go down, just thinks he saw some blood....we are out of ammo and they run off un-damaged......this is complete crap. we should have tore them up.....we had complete advantage and surprise and firepower....most of our rounds should have hit them and killed them several times over...maybe I should go back to Battlefield 4, at least I can shoot a guy I'm aiming at.

Just to let you know the bounding box with the ground/ terrain issue (causes shots to get blocked when prone) has been or is being addressed. A number of high profiler Youtubers mentioned it a while back, and I believe Dean had said in a livestream that they have fixed or are fixing it. As for still getting blocked shots when crouched and stood up....either desync, or you were behind cover slightly as well and bullets were then colliding with that models collision mesh.

Also you may want to note the game mechanics differ massively to other shooters like BF4, here's to name a few:

- Bullets don't come out of your face: It sounds stupid but Arma is one of the few shooters that I have played where bullets ACTUALLY come out the barrel of your gun. I.E. when your crouched behind cover, just because you can see over it, doesn't mean you can shoot over it. The barrel actually needs to be clear of walls (both horizontal and vertical) or any other objects for bullets to actually go any kind of distance. And don't say 'bullets don't come out your face in BF4'; because they do! Hence all the head glitching you get in the game....realistically they wouldn't be able to do that. 

- Bullets travel in the direction of your barrel: Yeh, where-ever it points is where the bullet goes. So instead of each round having a movement multiplier for each shot fired to create the effect of recoil, the weapon gets that multiplier instead. So the barrel goes up slightly, bullet actually travels where the barrel is pointing leading to quite a diverse spread in high recoil weapons when fired rapidly. So shooting rapidly in full auto, even when it looks like your holding the sights on your target, your bullets are going to spray and deviate quite far, especially over longer distances.

- Stance, stamina and health affect accuracy: This is pretty much something that everyone knows anyway. Prone is most accurate, standing is least accurate, crouched is in between. All shooters have that and it's also quite pre-dominant in the Arma engine. Stamina and health (not to sure if health actually does in DayZ, but I imagine it would) also have an affect. If your injured or out of breathe, your weapons going to sway more making it harder to nail a shot. Also, holding your breathe is a thing! Holding right mouse button down holds the characters breathe and steadies the aim slightly for a few seconds. Mag dumping an M4 whilst holding right mouse button to hold the characters breathe does not work. First few shots will be accurate, but after a second or two, the character will stop holding their breathe, adding more muzzle sway and deviation. 

• Like 1

Maybe your just a shit aim? ever thought of that? this is a forum not a site you post your life story of missing from 75 yards away!

To many QQ

wow, please hop off the Dev's dicks and open your eyes; bullets sometimes do no damage no matter how close you are.

It's happened to me from 5 yards away.

Two threads made almost thirty minutes apart, talking about exactly the same thing...and some wonder why people get annoyed in their responses? http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180287-a-real-problem/

There are separate teams working on different parts of the game. While the optimization team works on...optimization. The content team keeps working on content. If content gets done, it gets added. The optimization team is still working on optimization.

That is just how it is.

Telling people this has nothing to do with trying to kiss ass. It's to help people understand the process that this dev team uses.

Thing will be fixed. If you can't be patient, then play something else. I hate saying 'it's alpha', but...this is part of what comes when a game is still in alpha.

[edit: had to fix the time.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 1

Two threads made fifteen minutes apart, talking about exactly the same thing...and some wonder why people get annoyed in their responses? http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180287-a-real-problem/

There are separate teams working on different parts of the game. While the optimization team works on...optimization. The content team keeps working on content. If content gets done, it gets added. The optimization team is still working on optimization.

That is just how it is.

Telling people this has nothing to do with trying to kiss ass. It's to help people understand the process that this dev team uses.

Thing will be fixed. If you can't be patient, then play something else. I hate saying 'it's alpha', but...this is part of what comes when a game is still in alpha.

^ The reason we're like this, is because we're seeing the same shit QQ thread every day.

wow, please hop off the Dev's dicks and open your eyes; bullets sometimes do no damage no matter how close you are.

It's happened to me from 5 yards away.

Stop shooting while prone until the fix gets moved to stable then. Jesus Christ people. I don't know crap about the devs, but the people crying have never been a part of an alpha or beta before this, I know this for a fact.

You all paid to be a part of this process. 

Edited by Amias Free

^ The reason we're like this, is because we're seeing the same shit QQ thread every day.

I defs agree. I get REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY tired of seeing, "omg this fucking game and it's bugs, omfg fix them shit devs." It does get quite annoying being on the forums since august of 2012, and seeing these topics everyday of whiners.

Gets old.

Really old.

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 6