daze23

where are the vehicles?

I've been playing for a little over a week. I've seen other players with vehicles, I found a bike stuck in the water, but I've never found a vehicle of my own. is there some place they're usually at or around? what should I be looking for?

It is very simple to find a vehicle. Run to where a vehicle spawns. If it is not there, just server hop until you find it there. Do the same for weapons and gear. It is just that simple.

This is why they need to fix the server hopping...it is dumbing down the game.

http://dayzdb.com/map

This is the easiest way to find vehicles. I went through 10 towns on 2 different servers (i just backtracked from tulga) and looked at 15+ car spawn locations and none of them were there. I've also been playing since before 1.7 and I have only found one truck which another player wrecked. I think they are all hidden in the debug forest.

High in the mountains, where only the brave and strong dare to tread their feet.

Although I know a car location (that need to be fixed) currently is. If you're interested in actually fixing it, give me a PM and I'll let you know the location/server (UK). :)

The Wiki is your friend when you want to learn about stuff. once you know where to look you're fine.

Southwest of Novy Lug (which is South East of Gvozdno) is a house with a shack on the side.

50% of the time (so 5 out of 10) servers you will find a motorcycle in it. It is full green and ready to drive, just bring a gas can with you. Anytime I dont feel like walking anymore I just run there and server hop 1 to 2 times until I find it. Again, it is that simple. I can guarantee you will find it within a couple of tries. If you want I can post the servers I find it on here, but where is the fun in that.

PS: By the time you run there, you could pretty much run to wherever you were planning on driving anyways. Also on a side note...get the cooridinates...a map..open the map...hold down shift while left clicking..this sets a way point. Close map and it will show you a way point in game with the distance. Use auto run (lol wedge something in your W key) and run straight there. Most servers have this map feature implemented, they just dont know it.