Slyguy65

Making the game more difficult with the zombies still broken is just dumb

Where you can instantly die from glitches and BS zombie physics (they ignore ALL MATTER), The inability to maneuver through doorways or passages in prone.....when that is the only way to apparently move now or else you die.

I have no issues with starting with no weapon and little supplies but to do it in an environment when the zombies are way too overpowered through bugs, just makes it BS and for people to defend the game the way it is now are also idiots to be honest.

If you read this post and think it is insulting you, no im just saying what is the truth.

P.S spawning with nothing HAS NOT LESSENED THE AMOUNT OF PLAYER KILLING AT ALL. So all it did was make it more frustrating and obnoxious.

(i.e crawling through town looking for FUCKING WATER cause apparently a normal person takes painkillers INSTEAD OF A FUCKING WATER BOTTLE when the world is all fucked) just a little logic rage thats all that was.)

I have no idea why the idea to nerf the players while buffing the enemy seemed like a GOOD idea since it really just sucks overall.

Ironically the newly found duping is about the ONLY form of actual worthwhile cooperation...and he (rocket) wants to get it fixed ASAP....this is the stuff im talking about i mean really? Focusing on fixing the exploits instead of the fucked up core mechanics IMO the duping exploit is nice when you die from bullshit and your with friends in fact just recently.

Me and a buddy were in the north east airfield (there is always someone there i have no idea why i really don't) anyway we got shot at and we both died instantly...were like WTF. We were moving and in trees.

Well we later find out that on HIS screen we were standing in the middle of a field...(also like to point out he just shot on sight cause he said there is nothing else to do besides kill people; i agreed and left frustrated at the BS that just transpired)

LONG STORY SHORT

Why the hell is bullshit like tank traps and other nonsense shit being added and tweaked when the main fucking problem is the core of the game (the zombies and the loot). Seriously? I get this shit is alpha and everything but all the shit that is getting worked on is not even the stuff that needs the most attention.

TO THOSE THAT READ NOTHING AT ALL AND STILL REPLY....your ignorance does nothing but make yourself look bad like right now i can call you ugly and you wouldn't even know cause your not reading ugly, your just sending a negative reply cause your ugly and you think everything should be like you, which is ugly (ya i wrote that cause i felt like it, even though it didn't matter or help in anyway it only demoralized. Kind of what 90% of replies on this forum are....ya.

P.S.S I don't play that often cause honestly this mod is just a giant time sink filled with impending disappointment to deny that is well foolish to admit that and play 4+ hours daily, well i kind of feel sorry for ya.

Just sayin.

P.S.S I don't play that often cause honestly this mod is just a giant time sink filled with impending disappointment to deny that is well foolish to admit that and play 4+ hours daily' date=' well i kind of feel sorry for ya.

[/quote']

Just stop playing completely then, and do the world a favour.

Since you are pretty much only bashing the way they develop their mod, why dont you go make your own mod, since it all seems so easy to you?

If you read this post and think it is insulting you' date=' no im just saying what is the truth.

[/quote']

well if that's your intention you should probably avoid using words like "dumb", "obnoxious", "ugly", etc...

I'm sick of people just replying "stop playing". It's a stupid rebuttal to honest complaints. :-/

All I can say is the mod is alpha so you should just be patient and realize that nothing is close to perfect yet. The game is being worked on and tweaked. I do agree the zombies being broken is annoying but I don't find it that bad. /shrug

Where you can instantly die from glitches and BS zombie physics (they ignore ALL MATTER)' date=' The inability to maneuver through doorways or passages in prone.....when that is the only way to apparently move now or else you die.

I have no issues with starting with no weapon and little supplies but to do it in an environment when the zombies are way too overpowered through bugs, just makes it BS and for people to defend the game the way it is now are also idiots to be honest.

If you read this post and think it is insulting you, no im just saying what is the truth.

P.S spawning with nothing HAS NOT LESSENED THE AMOUNT OF PLAYER KILLING AT ALL. So all it did was make it more frustrating and obnoxious.

(i.e crawling through town looking for FUCKING WATER cause apparently a normal person takes painkillers INSTEAD OF A FUCKING WATER BOTTLE when the world is all fucked) just a little logic rage thats all that was.)

I have no idea why the idea to nerf the players while buffing the enemy seemed like a GOOD idea since it really just sucks overall.

Ironically the newly found duping is about the ONLY form of actual worthwhile cooperation...and he (rocket) wants to get it fixed ASAP....this is the stuff im talking about i mean really? Focusing on fixing the exploits instead of the fucked up core mechanics IMO the duping exploit is nice when you die from bullshit and your with friends in fact just recently.

Me and a buddy were in the north east airfield (there is always someone there i have no idea why i really don't) anyway we got shot at and we both died instantly...were like WTF. We were moving and in trees.

Well we later find out that on HIS screen we were standing in the middle of a field...(also like to point out he just shot on sight cause he said there is nothing else to do besides kill people; i agreed and left frustrated at the BS that just transpired)

LONG STORY SHORT

Why the hell is bullshit like tank traps and other nonsense shit being added and tweaked when the main fucking problem is the core of the game (the zombies and the loot). Seriously? I get this shit is alpha and everything but all the shit that is getting worked on is not even the stuff that needs the most attention.

TO THOSE THAT READ NOTHING AT ALL AND STILL REPLY....your ignorance does nothing but make yourself look bad like right now i can call you ugly and you wouldn't even know cause your not reading ugly, your just sending a negative reply cause your ugly and you think everything should be like you, which is ugly (ya i wrote that cause i felt like it, even though it didn't matter or help in anyway it only demoralized. Kind of what 90% of replies on this forum are....ya.

P.S.S I don't play that often cause honestly this mod is just a giant time sink filled with impending disappointment to deny that is well foolish to admit that and play 4+ hours daily, well i kind of feel sorry for ya.

Just sayin.

[/quote']

great post - timesink is totally the word for the long journeys on foot or crawling. I am coming to think that Arma is a great military sim but Dayz is like Zelda - the main purpose is collecting "truffles" and other goodies. Hoarding them and then showing off like a MMPORG

Each time human player finds a truffle he gets a little shot of "feel good" hormones which keep him playing. This is standard "timesink" stuff - Warfare is sooo much better.

If you read this post and think it is insulting you' date=' no im just saying what is the truth.

[/quote']

well if that's your intention you should probably avoid using words like "dumb", "obnoxious", "ugly", etc...

HEY! hey there buddy i believe the last two words at the end of the post.

(the detention of "just sayin" disregards any potential negative feelings)

great post - timesink is totally the word for the long journeys on foot or crawling. I am coming to think that Arma is a great military sim but Dayz is like Zelda - the main purpose is collecting "truffles" and other goodies. Hoarding them and then showing off like a MMPORG

Each time human player finds a truffle he gets a little shot of "feel good" hormones which keep him playing. This is standard "timesink" stuff - Warfare is sooo much better.

Ya i like playing domination when the bullshit of DayZ gets too tiring i like your analogy it is fitting with the MMO feel. Always getting a tad of dopamine to keep you going for more.

Play this mod till Dayz is fixed http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94013-The-Undead-Mod.

Been out longer than Dayz' date=' cough cough Micros*ft...

[/quote']

I played zombie sandbox and chernarus apocalypse

They good. DayZ is also good it is just frustrating how the things getting "fixed" are unimportant compared to the overall fucked up zombies. If rocket would stop catering to the GDamn bandits who keep crying over disconnects or the anal hardcorist (ya i made that up) who want everything to be harder just for the sake of being harder....then i think this game would be fucking amazing. Right now its nothing but bullshit.

Just sayin

If rocket would stop catering to the GDamn bandits who keep crying over disconnects or the anal hardcorist (ya i made that up) who want everything to be harder just for the sake of being harder....then i think this game would be fucking amazing. Right now its nothing but bullshit.

Just sayin

Do you not read patch notes?

Every patch since 1.7.1 has includes changes to zombie behaviour/fixes.

Just sayin

I've currently survived for 7 days' date=' I think you need to man up.

[/quote']

Ok seriously you didn't read it all if you read the part where me and my buddy got killed cause on the killers screen we were standing still but in actuality we were moving and hiding ya pretty lame. In fact every death ive ever had (besides 2) have been from bugs or BS lag pvp kills i get flustered at the magic OH LOOK I JUST INSTANTLY DIED FROM WALKING IN A GROCERY STORE after 8 days of being alive

BUT THE PVP LAG/BS is what annoys me PVP people don't even loot they just find a sniper and pick people off for the fuck of it...(aka a lot of the people on the forums who bash anything that would hamper banditry.)

P.S Have you even died since the patch to disallow starting weps was implemented..if not you are doing nothing but another ignorant voice.

If rocket would stop catering to the GDamn bandits who keep crying over disconnects or the anal hardcorist (ya i made that up) who want everything to be harder just for the sake of being harder....then i think this game would be fucking amazing. Right now its nothing but bullshit.

Just sayin

Just sayin

*facepalm* yes i know those consist of method of detection (LOS' date='heaing)

IM TALKING ABOUT THE ZOMBIES PHYSICS....there has not been a single patch since i played that dealt with the BS of that.

[hr']

P.S.S I don't play that often cause honestly this mod is just a giant time sink filled with impending disappointment to deny that is well foolish to admit that and play 4+ hours daily' date=' well i kind of feel sorry for ya.

[/quote']

Just stop playing completely then, and do the world a favour.

Since you are pretty much only bashing the way they develop their mod, why dont you go make your own mod, since it all seems so easy to you?

Im not saying how to make the mod, i am just pointing out the obvious bullshit.

If you walked into a neighbors house and you saw dog shit everywhere...would you say something or just pretend like it isn't there?

OR would you be the person who thinks "oh dog shit everywhere...well im sure he has his reasons"

Well i know which one i am, i will walk in examine how much dogshit is actually in the house and where it is then i will say "hey dude why is there dogshit in your hallway, kitchen, etc. I will demand what fucked up reasoning he has, from there i will accept he is just weird and likes dog shit or i will try and advise him how dogshit is smelly and how it should not be laying around the floor like decor.

I've been an Arma fanboy since day 1 and have to say that this game has always been plagued with bug's but collision detection/physics has got to be the worse bug and never been fixed, dont know if they ever will, oh wait the fix is called Arma 3... :)

But still I pay and play, Arma FTW...

whinecheese.jpg

oh damn thats clever i bet your the first person to ever read a topic title and just instantly post a clever picture that might be relevant to the topic you didn't even read. DAMN i can't help it *claps* *claps louder*

Your genius...it just...it just transcends everything else we ever knew.

*claps until hands are numb*

AHHHH HOT DAMN IT IS JUST STILL SUCH AMAZING GENIUS OH GOD I CAN"T HELP BUT USE CAPS LOCK TO EXPRESS HIS GENIUS AHHHH

Man im so glad there is no such thing as a bitter remark or else this would be viewed in a negative way.

I am incredibly mad.

There's a distinct possibility that I read the entire thread an happen to disagree with you. The game isn't even that hard, for christ's sake. Maybe you just suck at it.

I understand this post completely and totally agree i would like to say that its in alpha and that bugs should be expected as an excuse but hell the devs need to go over their priorities "Adding toothpicks after eating meat" is not as important as fixing major bugs like zombie no cliping, zombie animations, or the break your legs in a door bug. now the spawning w/o a gun is pretty hardcore i dont mind it but when you have 20 some players spawning in the same area guns become scarce so if you go into a city (airbase is usually swiped clean) you eithe get VERY lucky and find a gun, get chased by zombies and run back the way you came, or just get shot by the people who dont give a crap about anyone else even if you arent carrying a weapon, well thats my rant for the night.

%7Boption%7D

oh damn thats clever i bet your the first person to ever read a topic title and just instantly post a clever picture that might be relevant to the topic you didn't even read. DAMN i can't help it *claps* *claps louder*

Your genius...it just...it just transcends everything else we ever knew.

*claps until hands are numb*

AHHHH HOT DAMN IT IS JUST STILL SUCH AMAZING GENIUS OH GOD I CAN"T HELP BUT USE CAPS LOCK TO EXPRESS HIS GENIUS AHHHH

Man im so glad there is no such thing as a bitter remark or else this would be viewed in a negative way.

Shh ... No Tears, Only Dreams Now.

I've currently survived for 7 days' date=' I think you need to man up.

[/quote']

Ok seriously you didn't read it all if you read the part where me and my buddy got killed cause on the killers screen we were standing still but in actuality we were moving and hiding ya pretty lame. In fact every death ive ever had (besides 2) have been from bugs or BS lag pvp kills i get flustered at the magic OH LOOK I JUST INSTANTLY DIED FROM WALKING IN A GROCERY STORE after 8 days of being alive

BUT THE PVP LAG/BS is what annoys me PVP people don't even loot they just find a sniper and pick people off for the fuck of it...(aka a lot of the people on the forums who bash anything that would hamper banditry.)

P.S Have you even died since the patch to disallow starting weps was implemented..if not you are doing nothing but another ignorant voice.

I started my current 7 day character with nothing but a bandage, painkillers and a flashlight. LIke I said you need to man up bro. This game wasn't designed to be an easy zombie shooting gallery (although it kind of still is, zombies still need some fixing so that they aren't as easy to exterminate)

I read all your post, I also read the title "Making the game more difficult with the zombies still broken is just dumb"

Perhaps you forgot what you wrote. If PVP upsets you so much, DayZ probably isn't the game for you. PVP in any mode in Arma is much less forgiving than other shooters. PVP is part of the core game concept of DayZ. In a sandbox PVP game, if someone wants to camp and shoot people with a sniper rifle for the lulz without looting them, that means the sandbox aspect is working.

Just sayin

Just sayin

*facepalm* yes i know those consist of method of detection (LOS' date='heaing)

IM TALKING ABOUT THE ZOMBIES PHYSICS....there has not been a single patch since i played that dealt with the BS of that.

[/quote']

There was recent changes to the physics of the hoppers (mocap change). Also zombies used to be able to see through terrain and walls (both fixed). If it's within the capabilites of the engine, i'm sure rocket will fix zombies walking through objects such as teh display cases in the supermarket. Really, go read the patch notes dating back to 1.7.1 you must either not have read them, or not understood what the changes were.

IF your expecting zombies run speed to be nerfed or something, you are probably setting yourself up for dissapointment. The zombies need to run at superhuman speed since they can only melee you. Without their speed they will have no way of closing the gap and will be of no threat whatsoever to anyone with a gun. Zombie physics really do need to be fixed though, zombies need to be able to hit players while running. Currently you can kite a zombie indefinately and take no damage, which is another issue that makes zombies trivial at the moment.