Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorRex

Sudden Constant Crashing

I've logged over 121 hours on DayZ without significant problems. Last night I logged out on the roof of the Solnichny three-story factory building after some fun firefights with my group, and today when I've logged back in my game has been crashing every 30 seconds. A couple of times it crashes while I'm waiting to spawn in to the server. After the first crash I got in for a few seconds to find I'd fallen to the bottom floor and my legs were broken.

Any idea what could be causing a sudden string of crashes and how I could fix it?

Never had any issues like this before.

EDIT: I read in another thread that ammo boxes/hard cases could cause crashes. I had an ammo box. So I logged in and dropped that. I also dropped my TTSKO pants because I noticed that they appeared Pristine on the Loading Screen but were Ruined in-game and I thought that might be an issue. So I took those off at the same time. Didn't work. I crawled like two or three feet after dropping them and then crashed again. Currently re-installing and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Edited by ProfessorRex
  • Like 1

I've logged over 121 hours on DayZ without significant problems. Last night I logged out on the roof of the Solnichny three-story factory building after some fun firefights with my group, and today when I've logged back in my game has been crashing every 30 seconds. A couple of times it crashes while I'm waiting to spawn in to the server. After the first crash I got in for a few seconds to find I'd fallen to the bottom floor and my legs were broken.

Any idea what could be causing a sudden string of crashes and how I could fix it?

Never had any issues like this before.

EDIT: I read in another thread that ammo boxes/hard cases could cause crashes. I had an ammo box. So I logged in and dropped that. I also dropped my TTSKO pants because I noticed that they appeared Pristine on the Loading Screen but were Ruined in-game and I thought that might be an issue. So I took those off at the same time. Didn't work. I crawled like two or three feet after dropping them and then crashed again. Currently re-installing and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Same thing happened to me and my friends. It was about 9:30 when it started for us. Lasted probably an hour. I've yet to see if it will happen again tonight.

• Like 1

This happened to me. You have to drop all of your items if you find that some are ruined. Likely a bug with what you are wearing. I lost my weapons and most of my clothing. But found more soon enough. Sucks to lose your items, but it is better to lose some and play more.

• Like 1

This happened to me. You have to drop all of your items if you find that some are ruined. Likely a bug with what you are wearing. I lost my weapons and most of my clothing. But found more soon enough. Sucks to lose your items, but it is better to lose some and play more.

This worked. I dropped all my ruined items/clothes and had a zombie kill me. I knew it was one of those two things that fixed it. Based on your story I'm guessing it was dropping the shit. Came back and grabbed my pristine Mosin and damaged fire axe and haven't had any problems with those.

I'm having the same issue, the error says that it's caused for the msvcrt.dll file, already downloaded and fixed that one, but the game still crashes, I don't know what else to do

Tried it out last night, had one random crash at the airfield at Cherno. Also had a crash in Elektro. Not sure if its a server thing, or just a patch thing.