Mukaparska

Delay when messing around with inventory?

It seems getting worse and worse... If I choose "drink soda" in inventory, nothing happens, if I press again, it says "You are already using something" or "unable to pick up item". After a while, my guy takes soda to his hands, but then I'll have to choose again to drink it, and when I've drunk it, it takes like 30 seconds before it says "you have drunk spite soda" and the empty soda disappears. If I choose something from the quick menu or whatever it is, it's also slightly delayed 0-3 seconds. Also when I add something to my inventory, it takes a while. Why is this? It's rather annoying trying to eat anything when it takes forever. 

It seems getting worse and worse... If I choose "drink soda" in inventory, nothing happens, if I press again, it says "You are already using something" or "unable to pick up item". After a while, my guy takes soda to his hands, but then I'll have to choose again to drink it, and when I've drunk it, it takes like 30 seconds before it says "you have drunk spite soda" and the empty soda disappears. If I choose something from the quick menu or whatever it is, it's also slightly delayed 0-3 seconds. Also when I add something to my inventory, it takes a while. Why is this? It's rather annoying trying to eat anything when it takes forever. 

In short, it is the server performance/ game issue. What you could do to test this is replicate the same scenario on both a non-pupated server and a server that has 40/40 players. You will have your answer there.

• Like 1

In short, it is the server performance/ game issue. What you could do to test this is replicate the same scenario on both a non-pupated server and a server that has 40/40 players. You will have your answer there.

Hmm, I'll try that, I've recently played only on full servers.

Okay, I joined a server with 9 players. First everything worked fine and as smooth as they should, but now after maybe 15 minutes, nothing works. I can't reload my gun, I can't open doors, I can't drink or eat at all, I can't pick anything up. Why none of this happened before??

Try your best to play on servers with low ping.

Everyone says " welcome to alpha".   But, is this normal that a game gets worse while they are developing?   For example, Ive had the stand alone from day 1, and never ever crashed to desktop.  Until the last update, now I crash to desktop once every 1 to 2 hours.   Also, none of the big problems with the core of the game have improved.  If anything, things have gotten worse. At what point do we admit that Bohemia is not talented enough to optimize a shitty engine?    

Everyone says " welcome to alpha".   But, is this normal that a game gets worse while they are developing?   For example, Ive had the stand alone from day 1, and never ever crashed to desktop.  Until the last update, now I crash to desktop once every 1 to 2 hours.   Also, none of the big problems with the core of the game have improved.  If anything, things have gotten worse. At what point do we admit that Bohemia is not talented enough to optimize a shitty engine?    

To your last point: When the game is released as 'finished' and issues aren't resolved.

To your first point: It can be normal, when you insert new mechanics/optimizations you don't know if you'll have conflicts etc with other features until you test the game, which, since you read the disclaimer you will know that YOU are the tester. So yes, things will get worse, then better, then worse, then better until all major features are implemented and working as intended. Until then, enjoy the game as much as possible, and if you find yourself not enjoying it, step away for a few.

• Like 1

At what point do we admit that Bohemia is not talented enough to optimize a shitty engine?    

I don't know about "we" but you can say/think/do whatever you feel like whenever.

I don't know about "we" but you can say/think/do whatever you feel like whenever.

Good point.   My opinion is they will just give up on finishing the game and just keep the profit they a

ready made.  At this rate, even if they can fix this broken ass game, it will be long after interests are lost.

Good point.   My opinion is they will just give up on finishing the game and just keep the profit they a

ready made.  At this rate, even if they can fix this broken ass game, it will be long after interests are lost.

Then why are you still here?