Sign in to follow this  
Festim

Gameplay ideas

Hello there,

Other day I was thinking about all this lack of objectives in game. Althought Dayz is a realism simulator, it has some fantasy elements (zombies are NOT real), and sooner or later, to keep people entertained, it must add game features. Considering that, I went here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Basic_Plots and I figured some ideas that could add some fun to the game.

1st: the Curse

A player hit by a zombie (or eating infected food, whatever) can acquire a "curse". A countdown would begin, and after some time a massive zombie attack would occur on him (and players around). With this course, he cannot kill himself... only the timer would count some 10s less (whatever). The catch of this "curse" is that if other player kills him, he will now be the owner of the curse. And the timer would not reset.

I believe that some mechanisms should also be added, like impossibility to use ladders. Since he cannot die from falls, there is only one natural direction for the owner of the curse... the ground. But it is details.

2nd: Generator startup

A building can have a generator (or a strange beacon), which after some time would spawn very good pristine stuff. The amount and "quality" of these items would depend on quantity of players in this area and etc. Of course, zombie waves would start and increase with time. Some decision making would be necessary, or players will die drowned in this tide of dead.

Of course, compensatory mechanisms for coward log outs should exist, like loosing the collected loot as if this action never existed. Or something else, whatever.

I hope this can start a fun discussion here!

Edited by Festim

The first idea..... No.

The second doesn't sound that bad, except that major KOSing will happen at a spot like that. It would be alot worse than the airfields.

Sounds like black magic.

You can frame it as "scent" from a disease... :rolleyes:

very positive thinking!

Am I posting my thoughts here or what my opinion is? Huh, that's odd...

You just gave me an idea OP.

How about a radio system that once brought back online sends out a signal that brings a supply drop. Could be from a freighter? cars, weapons, meds, food whatever.. or  a heli drop...

im thinking long term for groups and clans to have something worth spending time on and also give them an objective to defend.. plus the loners and nutters can try and take it from them...

I think, as a newbie, that if a character is killed by a zombie the bodie will turn into a zombie that will be slow and have to be killed to be looted